Rohill conversions - air suspension accumulators (1 Viewer)

Paul Higgins

Free Member
Dec 17, 2018
Funster No
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so please bear with me for diving straight in and asking for help.

I currently have a Rohill welfare bus on a 2003 Fiat Ducato 2.8 chassis converted to a camper. Unfortunately one of the accumulators on the rear suspension has blown a hole in it, hence the suspension will not lift up. This is a major issue as I can't lift it up to get underneath it, nor can I get a jack under it to lift it up to have a look underneath. Thankfully after lots of head scratching and a quick trip to the local builders merchants, i've managed to drive it up onto railway sleeps, stacked 3 high, just so that I can get under to have a look.

Luckily the problem is easy to see, but i'm now struggling to find replacement parts. I spotted a thread on here where somebody mentioned replacing their accumulators for £30 each off eBay, but not sure which ones they bought? I've tagged onto that thread with a comment, but it was from Oct 2017 and the member who made the comment hasn't been on this site since May of this year, so not sure if he or she will see my comment.

Anyhow, if any of you other lovely people can help then I will forever be in your debt.

Many thanks in advance.
Paul.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Both Baggy. Dave and PeterCarole29 are no longer active members and won't be able to answer your questions.
I think we're going to need more info regarding the make and model of your air suspension.
There are quite a few makes out there for motorhomes and probably more specifically for buses

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Think it is like this @pappajohn ,not that that helps much:D
$_86.JPG

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Becoming a popular van..... This one and another guest just bought one as well.
Should make a nice conversion once some of the windows are blanked off.
Nothing worse than seeing the back of furniture through windows, shows no forethought during construction.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

Paul Higgins

Free Member
Dec 17, 2018
Funster No
Thanks all.

Rohill went pop a few years ago unfortunately, hence why i'm struggling.

Will give Marcles a try though.

Thanks again.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I cant believe the air accumulator AKA air tank would have a hole in it as they are a steel pressure vessel. Are you sure its not the air spring? Either way you wont get it from Marcle.

Speak to Mick at SAP in Doncaster, he deals with motorhome, truck and ambulance air suspension.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I cant believe the air accumulator AKA air tank would have a hole in it as they are a steel pressure vessel. Are you sure its not the air spring? Either way you wont get it from Marcle.

Speak to Mick at SAP in Doncaster, he deals with motorhome, truck and ambulance air suspension.
Again, misinformation which I'm sure you'll agree.
I'm sure Paul is referring to the rubber air bag/spring.

If you follow Olley's link Marcel have them 'on the shelf'

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
you could try finding the original owners got to be local authority and finding where there garage is if local

OP
OP
P

Paul Higgins

Free Member
Dec 17, 2018
Funster No
Thanks again all.

It's definately not the main air tank, it's the accumulators that eitrher feed off or feed to the air tank. Not sure of their purpose, but they have a very thin mild steel outer to them with a rubber diaphram inside. The elements - salty roads - have gotten to one of them and the air pressure in the rubber diaphram inside has obviously found the weakest point.

I've spoken to Marcles and they are looking it for me.

Will also give SAP a try. Any contact details please?

Thanks again,
Paul.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
How about a photo so we all know what we are thinking 'air bag ' is correct ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back