Roaming with Vodafone & get a UK IP? (1 Viewer)

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm in Portugal for a few days over the weekend and was able to verify what a number of customers have been telling us that they have had no problems streaming UK TV via iPlayer etc using a UK Vodafone SIM because they are given a UK IP address. It would seem that to be the case and that no VPN is presently required.

Wondered what others using Vodafone are presently experiencing?

Interesting that mobiles.co.uk are offering the 100GB Vodafone SIM for the equivalent of £13pm on a 12month contract, but I'm not sure I could be bothered with the hassle of the redemption.

Deleted User
I have used both Vodafone, in a smartphone, and '3' in a mifi to stream and download UK TV without a VPN in France, Spain and Portugal for over 12 months now without problem.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We ended up doing the 100gb Vodafone SIM via mobiles.co.uk, used an Money saving expert code, brought it down to 15.00pm. Used in France,Belgium and Germany for iPlayer fine. My discount cheques 10.00 and 50.00 pounds arrived without any hassle after 2 months. I was thinking I may have to upload the bills or something but no.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have been able to connect to iPlayer using Vodafone for at least 18 months, but I'm not sure it is unique to Vodafone but it does have to be a UK sourced sim card I think. :)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I can get bbc live and itv but only catchup on c4 on Vodafone..

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
All your data will go to the APN (Application Point Name) whether your in your own country or roaming. Your IP address will be that of your APN box of tricks, the thing that converts mobile data to internet data and vice versa.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
We are in France and have Vodaphone 100 gb sim deal. Tethering iPhone to iPad and Amazon Firestick. No issues with all Firestick apps including live tv. However when we first arrived in France, data speed was so poor very little worked. Vodaphone's preferred partner in France is SFR and the problem is with them. Manually selected Orange F and all worked well.

Deleted User
We are in France and have Vodaphone 100 gb sim deal. Tethering iPhone to iPad and Amazon Firestick. No issues with all Firestick apps including live tv. However when we first arrived in France, data speed was so poor very little worked. Vodaphone's preferred partner in France is SFR and the problem is with them. Manually selected Orange F and all worked well.

I have my phone on Orange when in France, SFR is very poor in most places that I frequent.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Works here in Spain....recently changed from 50gb contract to 100gb contract and saved a tenner or so.....will be trying it's suitability soon when we set off for our summer sorte.

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three SIM’s haven’t always consistently given access to geocentric TV streaming, my inbox is full of emails to that effect and was our experience on previous tests.

Our long term product testers have long reported Vodafone offers a far more consistent performance, once you overcome the barrier of opting into a contract. In putting together a new data package (a number of funsters participated in our trial at Peterborough) I’m always over cautious to set expectations.

Great to hear the expertise is widely replicated.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Three SIM’s haven’t always consistently given access to geocentric TV streaming, my inbox is full of emails to that effect and was our experience on previous tests.

Our long term product testers have long reported Vodafone offers a far more consistent performance, once you overcome the barrier of opting into a contract. In putting together a new data package (a number of funsters participated in our trial at Peterborough) I’m always over cautious to set expectations.

Great to hear the expertise is widely replicated.
We had no problems with our 3 data SIM in Portugal, Spain and France. Also no problems when using my Plusnet phone SIM.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back