Road Maps for Europe

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Beachbum, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Beachbum

Beachbum

Ratings:
    +1
    I am finding it difficult to get Road Maps for all Countries in Europe, especially, Spain, France and Portugal. I have several maps, but not detailed where even the tiny villages or towns are NOT shown. Is it possible to get individual maps, say Spain, and I get all the towns and villages shown on the Map. I have tried Michellin, no luck.

2. Thepips

Thepips Trade Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Mapping in Spain is carried out by the military and I suspect they have a different agenda to everyone else!
    Sadly, printed maps can take a long time to produce compared to online systems. PC based solutions are often more advanced than paper maps as well. Certainly we've seen a significant improvement in the level of detail in pc maps for Spain and Portugal.

Regards
    Doug

3. ronald4874

ronald4874

Ratings:
    +3
    Ron & marj

Frequently bought fairly detailed maps of France,Spain, Portugal etc in an AA book obtained from Aldi for £2.
    Any further detail I require I log onto Autoroute and if necessary print out details.
    Ron W

4. JayDee

JayDee Funster

Ratings:
    +167
    We generally use the larger Michelin atlas. A bit meaty but quite detailed. Don't generally buy individual sheets other than for walking and such, and, of course, they need to be quite large scale - when they are available, which often they're not.

John

5. Ralph-Dot

Ralph-Dot Funster

Ratings:
    +96
  6. 2escapees

2escapees Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0