Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
I am finding it difficult to get Road Maps for all Countries in Europe, especially, Spain, France and Portugal. I have several maps, but not detailed where even the tiny villages or towns are NOT shown. Is it possible to get individual maps, say Spain, and I get all the towns and villages shown on the Map. I have tried Michellin, no luck.

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Mapping in Spain is carried out by the military and I suspect they have a different agenda to everyone else!
Sadly, printed maps can take a long time to produce compared to online systems. PC based solutions are often more advanced than paper maps as well. Certainly we've seen a significant improvement in the level of detail in pc maps for Spain and Portugal.

Regards
Doug

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Ron & marj

Frequently bought fairly detailed maps of France,Spain, Portugal etc in an AA book obtained from Aldi for £2.
Any further detail I require I log onto Autoroute and if necessary print out details.
Ron W

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
I am finding it difficult to get Road Maps for all Countries in Europe, especially, Spain, France and Portugal. I have several maps, but not detailed where even the tiny villages or towns are NOT shown. Is it possible to get individual maps, say Spain, and I get all the towns and villages shown on the Map. I have tried Michellin, no luck.

We generally use the larger Michelin atlas. A bit meaty but quite detailed. Don't generally buy individual sheets other than for walking and such, and, of course, they need to be quite large scale - when they are available, which often they're not.

John

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
In Spain I bought my maps from a service area, it came with a detailed compact map book, a large major roads map, a cd room, and a book I can not read.

It is the Mapa Oficial de Carreteras, from Ministerio de Fomento.

Link Removed

Ralph

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back