Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Sales manager has stated it's not company policy to give refunds but on a Goodwill gesture the only way they can help out ?????? Is by giving me some free labour in other words I'm already out of pocket after being ripped off but if I purchase an item from there showroom they will fit it free of charge !! How good of them of course I told him that this is not happening as it's just a win win for them again. Now he says they have found a recorded conversation of myself asking for a full 2 year service and gabitstion check to the service girl but he's away for a couple of days and as there's now new laws about listening to such things I will need to wait until he comes back to work x I think he's just bidding time and thinking it will scare me off about the recording , well I'm really interested in this recording as I did not phone in to book the service it was done by other means. But will leave that until I meet him ,

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Found a recording - really

Data protection and such laws

What a bunch of "bleepers" (n)

When SAAB existed we had a 9000 series - lovely car until you took it into a service. A scheduled oil and filter change at around £50 was booked. When we picked it up £400 of new brakes - No authorisation and a huge row ensured.

Why the flipping heck do these dealers not work out a new scam. :mad:

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Thanks for the update, this recording sounds intriguing, can't wait for the next installment.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
BC motor homes are getting a bad name for sales , your the first one I’ve heard of regarding service (good or bad) , sales were that bad for me I bought my new Dethleffs from Pullingers 400 miles away , two other friends walked away from BC to buy elsewhere due to arrogance & poor response

After hearing about your problems I certainly won’t be near them for any service or habitation work

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
We'll update from rip off service still no joy from service manager keeps saying he's out of office for the first 3 days of the past two weeks think maybe hoping I'll forget all about this , but been back onto him once again trying to get an explanation why they gave a 3 year old van a 2 year full service , told they don't check service books as some people don't bother with them or get them stamped up , I commented that any other motorhome agent had stipulated the service book must be left in view before service so they can check it out and stamp it out , seemingly with BC motorhomes unless the customer asked for book to be stamped up they won't look for the book or stamp it up ???? So what happens to warranties ??? Eventually he says as a GOOD WILL gesture he could only give free labour hours to make up for extra money taken off me for service to which I replied that ain't gonna happen so what he's saying is if I purchase something from them they will for it for me up to the value of what I was overcharged , told him not to be so stupid I'm already out of money so I have to make a purchase spending more cash to get my rip off service charge money back with free labour this guy should be on tv as a comedian then again he's not funny , so I have to go in and meet a director now and see what he has to say about this rip off customer service is crap more than 3 weeks to sort out a problem that could have been done in 2 seconds will update outcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Take 5 mins in the small claims court
As a matter of interest we didint go looking for service books (Or Locking Wheel nuts) either having been accused of rummaging through a customers car for ulterior motives as the book or tool was at home

Want it stamping leave it on the passenger seat

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We'll update from rip off service still no joy from service manager keeps saying he's out of office for the first 3 days of the past two weeks think maybe hoping I'll forget all about this , but been back onto him once again trying to get an explanation why they gave a 3 year old van a 2 year full service , told they don't check service books as some people don't bother with them or get them stamped up , I commented that any other motorhome agent had stipulated the service book must be left in view before service so they can check it out and stamp it out , seemingly with BC motorhomes unless the customer asked for book to be stamped up they won't look for the book or stamp it up ???? So what happens to warranties ??? Eventually he says as a GOOD WILL gesture he could only give free labour hours to make up for extra money taken off me for service to which I replied that ain't gonna happen so what he's saying is if I purchase something from them they will for it for me up to the value of what I was overcharged , told him not to be so stupid I'm already out of money so I have to make a purchase spending more cash to get my rip off service charge money back with free labour this guy should be on tv as a comedian then again he's not funny , so I have to go in and meet a director now and see what he has to say about this rip off customer service is crap more than 3 weeks to sort out a problem that could have been done in 2 seconds will update outcome
Point out to him that you need to hear the recording.

When it can’t be produced, ask him why it isn’t available. Let him squirm then tell him that the booking wasn’t made by phone and he has just given you extra ammunition for your case in the small claims court.

PS
Have someone with you as a witness or, by the sound of it, they will just deny ever saying a recording was available.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Or record all calls as I & others do.
Recording calls is a good idea but I was discussing a “face to face” meeting.

When I receive a message “We record all calls for training purposes” etc I always say that I am also recording the call, even if I am not. It tends to concentrate the mind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back