Riding along in my calaboose........help (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Drivers seatbelt in Hymer B544 persistently traps me so at times unable to lean forward. I had it replaced by the dealer soon after new but it still plays up. OK I manage but it’s damned annoying.
Is it a sealed unit , adjustable or is it possible to spray the reel mechanism or would that ruin it completely.
Any ideas ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If its locking in normal use it isn't fitted properly and no amount of lube will help.

Unless they've change there's a ball inside on a kind of seesaw affair, when you brake the ball rolls forward, drops the seesaw end and it locks the belt drum.
If its fitted tipped forwards from vertical the ball will already be on the point of rolling and the slightest jolt will move it.

Modern belts may work differently, it's a long time since I pulled one apart.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
If its locking in normal use it isn't fitted properly and no amount of lube will help.

Unless they've change there's a ball inside on a kind of seesaw affair, when you brake the ball rolls forward and it locks the belt drum.
If its fitted tipped forwards from vertical the ball will already be on the point of rolling and the slightest jolt will move it.

Modern belts may work differently, it's a long time since I pulled one apart.

Thanks John will check the mounting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back