LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello. A few weeks ago I posted that Funster, Richard W, had sadly died in a plane crash.

His girlfriend has asked re selling his motorhome. I am rubbish at this but can you give me some advice roughly of a price please.. I know you need more information but around what price would a 5.5m Moncayo mh with a fixed bed (handy on a 5.5m),, 2004, low mileage, regular servicing.. sell for please?

I have asked for the mileage, the gas bottle details, if there is a solar panel. What else does she need to tell us?

A few weeks before he died, Richard phoned me to say he had just been for his annual, regular service and the van had only done 11miles since the last service.

We also spoke of a small job needed, metal plate on the inside step of the habitation door where water had splashed in off road.

Knowing Richard, he would have been on the ball with upkeep of the van as he was his plane.

Any advice I can give will be appreciated. Thank you.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Hi Mum,

Not the best to offer advise, but if I can help you know you only have to ask.

Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
Hello. A few weeks ago I posted that Funster, Richard W, had sadly died in a plane crash.

His girlfriend has asked re selling his motorhome. I am rubbish at this but can you give me some advice roughly of a price please.. I know you need more information but around what price would a 5.5m Moncayo mh with a fixed bed (handy on a 5.5m),, 2004, low mileage, regular servicing.. sell for please?

I have asked for the mileage, the gas bottle details, if there is a solar panel. What else does she need to tell us?

A few weeks before he died, Richard phoned me to say he had just been for his annual, regular service and the van had only done 11miles since the last service.

We also spoke of a small job needed, metal plate on the inside step of the habitation door where water had splashed in off road.

Knowing Richard, he would have been on the ball with upkeep of the van as he was his plane.

I believe there is a member on here who deals in motor homes, sorry but his name escapes me, Jim is bound to know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I believe there is a member on here who deals in motor homes, sorry but This name escapes me, Jim is bound to now.

Thanks sunshine. I think she is thinking of selling privately as she doesn't want part-ex... she is into flying her plane and not motorhoming.
Hi Mum,

Not the best to offer advise, but if I can help you know you only have to ask.

Thank you sunshine.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Easiest all round would be for a dealer to buy it , without knowing her financial position and not needing to , the hassle of private buyers looking over, driving then paying would put me off

better to get a dealer paying straight to bank, but dont get involved with them selling on your behalf 👍

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Easiest all round would be for a dealer to buy it , without knowing her financial position and not needing to , the hassle of private buyers looking over, driving then paying would put me off

better to get a dealer paying straight to bank, but dont get involved with them selling on your behalf 👍

On the surface that seems like good advise, unless theres a need to extract every penny a quick and painless out sounds attractive

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Might be worth contacting Johns Cross in East Sussex (member on MHFun). I seem to remember his girl friend lives in that area. https://www.johnscross.co.uk/pre-owned-motorhomes.html

However, Dealers may be reluctant to purchase additional stock towards the end of the season. £13k would seem to be a realistic price for a private sale and probably £10k if selling to a dealer. If advertising privately start at £15k but be prepared to drop.

Sep 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Renault T1400
Exp

Hi
We are looking to buy a newer van (newer to us) with a fixed bed ASAP. Could you please message me any details?
Thanks
Mike

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Copy of an email just received.

Hi Joy

Just back from...(............) and had a look in LHotRy. Richard had a nominal value of £20,000 writen down for her, but of course, that's not what she might sell for. £15,000 might be more realistic. I have the new MOT but couldn't find the full file of docs which I think is in the one overhead locker I didn't check Wwhy? The new tv monitor bracket was in front and I was rushing and didn't want to mess it up).

What I know/have written down, anyway:

It's a Fiat Ducato 2800cc, with 58,527 miles. Reg NX04MLU.

All the usual m/h accoutrements - gas bottle for heating, separate shower, fridge to run on hook up, gas or battery, etc. no solar panels - it was something he was talking about. He'd just installed the bracket for the monitor so we could watch DVDs properly - the new screen etc is in the house but could be put inside. I believe it was all tried and tested.

Underbed storage/storage from outside could hold bikes, scooter, table and chairs.

The control panel above the hab door has the expected displays. Water and heating thermostat is over the dinette:

> 60º water,
> 40º water
> Off
> Space (Air) heating
> Space (Air) heating and 60º water

Swivelling cassette loo, shower with door/curtain.

Grey water dump valve at the back.

Lights have been changed to LED.

Light switch above the cooker and sink is combined with 240v and 12v sockets.

She'd go as is, which includes the crockery etc. and hose, connectors etc. I've removed a few personal bits and bobs but have no wish to sort through the tea towels particularly.

I suspect any offer over £15,000 would be useful.

Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed

Remove formatting

CAN I PLEASE STRESS THIS SALE IS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME AND I HAVE JUST PASSED MESSAGES ON. THANK YOU. JOY (MOVAN)

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Mike, I wanted to send you a pm with Nic's number but you havn't joined yet so don't want to put number on an open forum.

He has joined but used up his 5 free posts. To receive PM's he needs to become a fully paid-up member @ £15/year.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Get your camera out Joy and add some photos (y)

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp