lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Interested to hear if anyone has a Ribble EBike, we popped into their head office today for a nosey. I was very impressed with their A LE hybrid, the bike has a range up to 60miles depending on mode used. The fully loaded version comes with mud guards, pannier racks and lights, even with all this the bike only weighs 14.5 kg. The only downside I could see was the battery is permanently fitted so it’s charged in situ rather than taken off, this wouldn’t be a major issue as we could charge them while in MH garage.
They’re coming in at £2395 for the fully loaded one, again I think this is a decent price for what seems a decent bike.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010

Good enough for Sean Yates!

Review here!

Only question I have is the bearing in the bottom bracket as it's integral to the motor on many models.

Cheers James

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

Good enough for Sean Yates!

Review here!

Only question I have is the bearing in the bottom bracket as it's integral to the motor on many models.

Cheers James
It’s rear hub model so as far as I’m aware the motor is in the hub not at the bottom bracket.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Not got one but they are a good build, look at reviews on YouTube or Bikeradar....was on my list to buy there...but....bought in Germany due to high tax and import duty to send to Spain...

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I looked at the Gravel ebike last year and really well made and light compared to other ebikes partly because they use the emotion motor/battery not the larger systems you see on other bikes.

The emotion is predominantly being used in Road/gravel/hybrid bikes so the batter is in the down tube hence why it is not removeable.

There is a very expensive extender kit available which fits in the bottle rack.

The downside to a tube mounted battery you cannot remove so you have to charge in situ and you could not take the bike on a plane should you ever wish to.

Good lightweight bike if that suits your style of riding and is the type of bike you are looking for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back