Revolut querie (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi folks, probably a silly question , we will be using our revolut card for the first time shortly in Europe, can anyone tell me if you have euros and sterling on your card ( may only exchange some £'s at a time when rate is good, ) and you go to use it abroad how does it know to pay in euros ?? Thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Automatically uses the local currency first.
I have Euro, GBP & Thai Bhat on mine.
Not bothering to use it at the moment as the exchange rate fairly static.

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I have money in £s and €s on mine.
€s left over from last year and £s waiting to be exchanged.
I have used mine in UK and F and card just uses whatever the nomination is automatically.
Some Fuel stations ‘pay at pump’ won’t take the Revolut card.

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I have money in £s and €s on mine.
€s left over from last year and £s waiting to be exchanged.
I have used mine in UK and F and card just uses whatever the nomination is automatically.
Some Fuel stations ‘pay at pump’ won’t take the Revolut card.
Yes, always have a backup.

Mine is Amex and Nationwide CC

Upvote 0

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
All good to know. We’ve just got one for Spain.

Also just got a Halifax Clarity credit card as money saving expert.com gave it as one of the best for using abroad re exchange rates and fees etc. Santander apparently is one of the worst. Just got all the Apps downloaded on the phone and iPad!

Upvote 0

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Automatically uses the local currency first.
(y)
Revolut will check the balance of the local currency fund first, and use that if the balance is sufficient.
If the balance isn’t enough for the transaction amount, other currencies’ balances are checked.
If no single currency has enough for the transaction amount, that transaction will fail.

At the moment, Revolut doesn’t combine available currency balances to facilitate a transaction.

A manual shuffle of balances is needed.

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Well worth reading the terms and conditions. Will tell you that charges are incurred if you exchange , as previously pointed out, at the weekend. Also be aware of limits to cash withdrawal, i think you are limited to 200 euros a month so as soon as we arrive in France we both withdraw 200. Then if we need to we get another 200 a month later. Again check out the banks that dont charge for withdrawals...the list is getting smaller. Once on top of Revolut, if used correctly its a good way of handling money. We used it all the time on our NZ trip and we were told it wasn't available in NZ.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
We love our revolut card . Used extensively in Australia and Eu land. Revolut don’t charge for atm withdrawals . But Foreign banks may. France generally don’t charge but Spains do . Use Unicaja or deutsche bank in Spain . Always have plenty of euros in Germany as businesses hate cards !

Upvote 1

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
In a Benidorm bar last month I tried to pay for around of drinks. There was insufficient Euros so transaction failed. It took seconds to transfer/exchange from my £ balance and then pay the bill in Euros. All done in seconds while the barman waited.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back