Review camera chausson (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Has anyone retro fitted or had fitted a rear view camera along side the reversing camera ? Mines a welcome 640. Any thoughts and/or recommendations are welcome

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Was your camera factory fitted ? I had a Waeco system retro fitted with two cameras, but on a Chausson it comes pre-wired for a camera system, tho I am not sure if the pre-wiring will handle two cameras.

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Yeah that’s what I was told before and it is a factory fitted item . Bummer :-(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
I turned the Chausson high level camera into a rearward looking camera. It's simple change, all you need to do is remove the housing and rotate the camera. This effectively gives you a rear facing camera that's on all the time with the image being viewed on the Chausson fitted rear view mirror monitor.

I then fitted one of these behind the rear numberplate and connected to the double din head unit using the reversing camera input, so it comes on when reverse is selected.

Amazon product ASIN B016ML1ORS
You also need an extension cable to get the input to reach the head unit.

Works well and takes minimum installing. I traced the cabling in my 5390 and whilst the mirror monitor can take two inputs, Chausson only fitted a single cable from the factory fitted traversing camera.

Hope this all makes sense and helps.

Nov 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson 2021
Do anyone know where the cable is going to?
i can locate it behind the brake light, but can’t find the other site.
I removed the radio, and the fusebox, but no result.

thks in advance…

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Do anyone know where the cable is going to?
i can locate it behind the brake light, but can’t find the other site.
I removed the radio, and the fusebox, but no result.

thks in advance…

Ours came out under the lefthand side of the dash just near the fuel pump crash switch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
On my 530 (2019 RHD) I traced the reversing camera cable from the rear view mirror monitor. It runs behind the headlining above the windscreen and then continues in the headlining above the driver's door.

As I mentioned in post #4 it connects to the camera feed cable at the top of the driver's side B pillar. To access this connection you need to remove the brown plastic shelf cover and the B pillar top trim. The cable from the rear camera then appears to run in behind the ceiling board along the driver's side. After finding this, I decided it was easier to run the second camera cables along the chassis, utilising the Chausson installed cable ducting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back