Reversing camera

Erf116

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
chevrolet rockwood
Hi I’ve recently bought a Peugeot boxer camper. She’s 7metres long. Any suggestions for a reversing camera preferably wireless? Thankyou

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
I got this from Ebay earlier this year

As I now have a caravan, I got these cameras to fit on the rear corners looking down on the road and showing the corners of the van, great for when reversing and looking at the back of the van swinging out when doing a tight turn.

Picture quality is good but not excellent , but on the caravan the cameras are about 10 or 11m from the monitor

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
A camera that's good for delicate reversing manoeuvres will be very wide angle and pretty much pointed at your rear bumper, so you won't get much of a view beyond a few metres behind the van.

Provided you've got room for a separate screen (not just your radio screen), I like the dual lens versions. The dual lens versions have a second camera pointing back up the road with a narrower view that's much more useful when driving for lane changes. Particularly when abroad on difficult slip road merges.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Can you get these cameras that are totally wireless. I.E. battery only. It is nigh on impossible to wire in a rear camera at the top of my Elddis moho.?
Well, it could be done but would be a lot of hassle. I don't want a low down camera as i found the one it came with next to useless.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Can you get these cameras that are totally wireless. I.E. battery only. It is nigh on impossible to wire in a rear camera at the top of my Elddis moho.?
Well, it could be done but would be a lot of hassle. I don't want a low down camera as i found the one it came with next to useless.
You can however the battery life is the constraining factor. They connect through wifi to your mobile acting as the monitor.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I found the cheap wireless setups not very good. the camera hard wired is still in use 4 years on., however not much cop in the rain as lens cover not remotely humidity proof let alone hermetic. The need for a 12v supply pointed me at hardwiring the lot. A bit of work at beginning but still in use.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Most 'wireless' setups just mean the video is transmitted over radio, so you don't need a cable run from the back to the cab. They generally still have wires running from the rear light cluster to grab power and switch on when the reverse light comes on. So no battery required... but also, not completely wireless.

Upvote 1
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I depend on my wireless reversing sensors more than the camera
I've had 3 cars with them and never found them that trustworthy. They'd get confused by a kerb. Go nuts when reversing up to foliage. Be blind to the bollard that was between two sensors. And generally terrible when they've got rain on them.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back