DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
We are thinking of changing the reversing camera when the Covid rules allow. But which one?

Currently, we have a two camera affair, one acts as a rear view mirror and the other looks straight down as if we had a tow hitch. We are unable to adjust that camera. Don't really see the point of it on our moho. The screen is a driver side mounted (not in the centre) 7" screen which we like.

Are wireless cameras any good? Or do they drop out at critical moments like they have a grudge?

Anyway, I'd love to hear opinions on camera set-ups.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
If you don't have a camera pointing straight down, then when reversing you will not be able to see immediately behind your van and could hit low items, like posts.

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
I bought a camos dual from Roadpro.Like everything Roadpro it was expensive but it is good quality.When you engage reverse the image is showing the straightforward down view.In normal operation it shows a wide angled view of the road behind.It is basically 2 cameras in one housing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I always wanted a camera showing what was behind me in addition to assistance reversing. My latest MH came with a tiny Camos camera for reversing. As part of the buying deal I requested a twin lens camera. For a time this luxury meant an excellent rear view with one lens, the other lens looked down on the Camos camera.
Seriously I would not want to be without either view. With the addition of sensors the information would be complete.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
As I’ve posted before, we have a rear-view mirror camera in the high-level light cluster on our Elddis Majestic 155 which I’ve supplemented with a Garmin BC40 wireless camera on the rear number plate. This displays a low-level view for reversing on the Garmin sat.nav. when required. As the BC40 is battery operated, no wiring was required, and I found the picture quality to be more than adequate with no break-up - the ‘van is 7m long. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back