Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi
I have a waeco reversing camera that has been working fine up until last week when the screen on my pioneer unit just shows up black with an occasional flicker.
I have traced wires as much as I can and cannot find any issues.
Thers is power to the camera and the pioneer unit but no picture.
Anybody any idea what the issue could be or can anybody reccomend somebody in the greater manchester area who could sort issue or replace if neccessary.
Thanks
Gary

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Hi
I have a waeco reversing camera that has been working fine up until last week when the screen on my pioneer unit just shows up black with an occasional flicker.
I have traced wires as much as I can and cannot find any issues.
Thers is power to the camera and the pioneer unit but no picture.
Anybody any idea what the issue could be or can anybody reccomend somebody in the greater manchester area who could sort issue or replace if neccessary.
Thanks
Gary
I have exactly the same issue, don’t know if my camera is Waeco but the head unit is Pioneer, in the process of investigation but looks like a new camera may be needed. Not yet checked the final connection at the end of the camera lead to the last lead.

OP
OP
garjanco
Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
I have exactly the same issue, don’t know if my camera is Waeco but the head unit is Pioneer, in the process of investigation but looks like a new camera may be needed. Not yet checked the final connection at the end of the camera lead to the last lead.
I have checked all wiring from the head unit through to the back of the vehicle as far as I can.
One suggestion from somebody local was that it is water ingress in the actual camera

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
If it's black it probably the external shutter/ guard that's not moving the full range so the lens on the reversing camera is just looking at the inside of the shutter/guard. Get someone to watch it when you put it in and out of reverse. We had the same issue but it's now failing to move at all and just makes a horrible noise.

OP
OP
garjanco
Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
If it's black it probably the external shutter/ guard that's not moving the full range so the lens on the reversing camera is just looking at the inside of the shutter/guard. Get someone to watch it when you put it in and out of reverse. We had the same issue but it's now failing to move at all and just makes a horrible noise.
Mines a Waeco perfectview cam 50 and I dont think it has a moving shutter guard

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
No shutter on mine either.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
A suggestion.
If you can get to the output cables from the camera and can get a tv with the appropriate input to it plug the yellow plug (video) into the tv and see if you can get a picture

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Our first trip [1/2 day only!] in Brunhilde on 23rd April [which at that stage still had 12v problems because of a failed Fridge Control Panel, requiring us to switch the 12v supply off at the Electroblok], resulted in losing the Waeco Reversing Camera function. The faffing about with the killing of the 12v system had lost all the Pioneer settings, including turning the camera view setting to 'Off' ...

Steve

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
I have a Waeco and Pioneer head, and had a similar problem. My Waeco has two lenses and a shutter, for selecting one or the other. It was just dirt. I cleaned up the shutter mechanism and it's fine now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back