Restraints in the garage (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
My chausson garage doesn’t have any pre-existing restraint points (want to strap a tyre again the wall and other things ) and I’m loathed to drill new holes . Do you think I could use the internal fittings for the bike racks (unused) to bolt on a couple of lightweight bars as the basis for the retraints ? Any other inventive ideas are more than welcome

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
My chausson garage doesn’t have any pre-existing restraint points (want to strap a tyre again the wall and other things ) and I’m loathed to drill new holes . Do you think I could use the internal fittings for the bike racks (unused) to bolt on a couple of lightweight bars as the basis for the retraints ? Any other inventive ideas are more than welcome
Hi there's always a solution. Can you post up a photo of the garage showing any restraint rail currently fitted, that should release the flood gate of ideas.
Mike.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Is your garage floor large enough to lie the tyre down ? If so a simple plywood cover over the tyre would still give you "floor" space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Restraints in the garage​

Was I the only one thinking fluffy handcuffs before opening the thread?

s-l500.jpg

Upvote 0

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We had a bar fitted on the back wall of the garage of our Chausson, it cost about £100 I think. Like this

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The photo you see is wot I rigged up.
The black 'boss' in the centre of the wheel is, if I remember, from a Ford mondeo boot wheel clamp. The red surround is the remains of a plastic chopping board cut to size.
Inside the wheel against the inside wall of the garage are two discs of marine ply. The bigger one, from memory is about 9" and the smaller one, about 6". Sandwiched between the two is a four pronged captive nut to take the previously mentioned Mondeo spindle.

The larger disc is generously affixed to the wall with Puraflex.
The smaller disc is also glued to the larger one with, I think three suitable screws.

The Mondeo spindle was too long but a hacksaw and a welding torch sorted that out.
I hope the above info. is of use.

PS. The straps you can see are literally, 'belts and braces' but, after two years deemed, 'overkill'.
IMG_20230605_110352.jpg

Upvote 0

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
The black 'boss' in the centre of the wheel is, if I remember, from a Ford mondeo boot wheel clamp. The red surround is the remains of a plastic chopping board cut to size.
Inside the wheel against the inside wall of the garage are two discs of marine ply. The bigger one, from memory is about 9" and the smaller one, about 6". Sandwiched between the two is a four pronged captive nut to take the previously mentioned Mondeo spindle.

The smaller disc is also glued to the larger one with, I think three suitable screws.

The Mondeo spindle was too long but a hacksaw and a welding torch sorted that out.

PS. The straps you can see are literally, 'belts and braces' but, after two years deemed, 'overkill'. View attachment 764266
Nice colour Crocs....😉🤣

Cheers 🍻

Upvote 0
Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
Google Unwin rails.

Link

They are pretty much universally fitted and you can buy a plethora of fixing options. So versatile too.

I’ve got them all over the rear of my van and they allow me to carry all sorts of stuff, incl motorbikes.

The ones on the sides discreetly have a fabric covering.
IMG_4567.jpeg

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.

PS. The straps you can see are literally, 'belts and braces' but, after two years deemed, 'overkill'. View attachment 764266
Your tyre valve appears to be a standard one, not the high pressure one normally fitted to motorhome use wheels.
Mike.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back