Reset the immobiliser dashboard warning light (1 Viewer)

Megb8848

Free Member
Aug 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B class
Exp
Since 2010
Hi All,
Wondered if anyone can help? I have a 2011 Hymer based on a Fiat Ducato 160 multijet. The engine electrics cut out intermittently several times (blowing the main ignition circuit fuse in the engine compartment each time) and this was eventually traced to an intermittent short circuit. The mechanic (in France) disabled the factory Fiat immobiliser that’s built into the ECU unit in order to get the engine restarted, having patched up the wiring fault in a temporary fix to get me back home to UK. Happily, I got home OK and now the short circuit in the wiring has been permanently repaired. I am inclined the leave the immobiliser within the ECU permanently switched off, rather than restore it to its original factory state. However I now need to reset the immobiliser warning light that remains permanently illuminated on the dashboard.
Does anyone know how to go about switching this warning light off? I guess I need to reset it somehow.
Thanks!

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Reset is probably only possible by reversing ECU back to factory setting. Insurance a potential problem without original immobiliser.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The warning light is a consequence of the immobiliser (ECM) being unable to communicate with the key. The only realistic way to extinguish it is to restore the functionality of that system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Megb8848

Free Member
Aug 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for the replies. I’ll investigate restoring the ecu to its original software state. If that’s too expensive then I’ll have to remove the bulb.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back