Replacing Peugeot Boxer wiper blades (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Am getting the van (Peugeot Boxer based Bailey) ready for our first outing in France since we were locked down here in March. Was washing the windscreen and noticed that the passenger side windscreen wiper has split. The driver one looks dry and ready to be changed as well.
Our local Carrefour supermarket has a range of wiper blades and I'm hoping they stock ones that fit the van. I'll check the manual to see if it lists the length and/or model number. In the U.K. You can look at a catalogue and find equivalents by brand etc but not so sure that they have similar charts here.

Any tips gratefully received.

Edit: I've been out and measured the blade: 22cm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Ingwe
Check before you buy two......you might find the drivers side is 26” and the passenger is 22”.

At 22cm you must have a scale model of a Boxer 😂😂😂
Duh! 22 inches (56cm). :sneaky:
And XxAnthxX-you're right. The driver's side one is 25 inches.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Am getting the van (Peugeot Boxer based Bailey) ready for our first outing in France since we were locked down here in March. Was washing the windscreen and noticed that the passenger side windscreen wiper has split. The driver one looks dry and ready to be changed as well.
Our local Carrefour supermarket has a range of wiper blades and I'm hoping they stock ones that fit the van. I'll check the manual to see if it lists the length and/or model number. In the U.K. You can look at a catalogue and find equivalents by brand etc but not so sure that they have similar charts here.

Any tips gratefully received.

Edit: I've been out and measured the blade: 22cm.
Your problem if you are in France with a RH drive vehicle, the garages & shops will only keep blades for LH drive .... we had the problem a few years ago and now always carry spares.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Your problem if you are in France with a RH drive vehicle, the garages & shops will only keep blades for LH drive .... we had the problem a few years ago and now always carry spares.
Oooerr! Hadn't thought about that. Maybe I'll order some.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
One very important thing to remember is when you move the arm away from the screen to change the blade put a cushion on the screen where the blade would have been resting,
I have seen several screens cracked when the arm without a blade has inadvertently sprung back and smacked the screen, don’t use replacement rubbers but buy the complete blade, suggest a quality named one like Bosch aero blade, IMO worth the extra money,

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
What?????
A wiper blade is a wiper blade.....unless it has an inbuilt aerofoil of course.
Aftermarket blades invariably come with a few different fitting bits.
As a last resort buy replacement rubbers only.
Take around 10 minutes to swap.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I bought longer ones than original. Used a universal fit that came with plastic adaptors. Cleans more of the screen

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We had the problem in Spain, if your looking to replace with aero blades they are handed, and only for lefthand drive in Spain, but Norautos do a normal one that fits both. 🤔
The new one is the top one, the blade in the centre, the aero the blade is offset. 🙂 Bob.
Screenshot_20200621-084458_Chrome.jpg

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
One very important thing to remember is when you move the arm away from the screen to change the blade put a cushion on the screen where the blade would have been resting,
I have seen several screens cracked when the arm without a blade has inadvertently sprung back and smacked the screen, don’t use replacement rubbers but buy the complete blade, suggest a quality named one like Bosch aero blade, IMO worth the extra money,
Thanks for this tip, love this forum, put a towel on the screen to protect it , would never have thought of that! Replacements from ebay cost 8.60 for the pair, half the price of halfords. Clip off clip on took me less than 10 min, great stuff

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We also experienced exactly the same problem when touring France in our RHD British van.

We had a wiper blade split and very wet weather. Although a Fiat van, we called in at a Citroen dealer we were passing. They produced a pair of wiper blades and I said, would you mind just fitting them?

The technician spent about 10 minutes scratching his head, before working out the wiper blades are 'handed' either LHD or RHD - needless to say, the only ones available in France - LHD... doh! :unsure:

Managed to tape the end of the blade together and managed the remainder of the holiday. Also it stopped raining. ;)(y)

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
I replaced the 26 inch one while in France. Bought a Bosch one in a supermarket and it fit ok.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Measure your current blade and see if you can order larger - squeezed an extra 2inch blade on drivers side and and extra inch on passenger (from memory). Get more screen wiped now!

Dec 23, 2020
Scotland Central
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Ingwe,
blades can be deformed and or damaged whilst van is static for long periods of time - eg in storage, especially when tepms. drop and wipers get frozen to screen.
Tip :- raise wipers from windscreen by using "wooden" clothes peg, taking care not to clamp the rubbers.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Actually, I thought I'd posted back since June 2020. Apologies for the inadvertent silence. We stopped off at the nearest dealer to us which happens to be a Citroen dealer. They fitted two wiper blades there and then with no problem. Quite expensive mind €46!
Currently van's in storage and I need to get out to it. When I do, I'll pull the blades off the screen as we don't know when we'll be able to go away again. Also drive the van forward a meter so the tyres get a fresh bit to flat spot!:giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back