Replacing Kon Tiki 669 roof vent (1 Viewer)

Aug 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki 669
Exp
Since Nov 2019
My 2010 Kon Tki 669 still has the original roof vents. They work perfectly, but I would like to replace them with an extractor fan, something like the Maxxair Maxxfan.

The Maxxair blurb says that this extractor fits all standard 40cm by 40cm holes, but I cannot find anything anywhere that states what size the holes are in the 669 roof, both above the kitchen and bedroom areas. It is difficult to identify the actual size of the hole with the current vents still in place.

The one in the kitchen area is more of a rectangular shape, rather than square.

Does anyone know if this extractor will fit, before I order them? Or where I could find the actual size of the holes for the roof vents?

Thanks

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
What mitzimad said. Even a rough measurement that shows existing is around the 40cm x 40cm mark would even be good enough for me .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Got a Maxxair sittng at home now, waiting for the fitters to get us in. They fit a 400mm square "hole" and also have a 350mm version (for US RV's) and as this seems to be a standard size for roof vents it will most likely be the same for yours. They don't do a rectangular version so some sort of filler would be required.

Look pretty easy to fit (several Utube articles) - I'm only getting mine done by professionals as there's a bit more work involved in mine.

OP
OP
S
Aug 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki 669
Exp
Since Nov 2019
Thanks everyone.

I am getting the annual hab check done soon, I'll ask him to have a look at this job as well (it's not the sort of thing I would want to do my self).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back