Replacement fridge door seal (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2018
Inverness, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 740/1F
I've got a 2001 motorhome with an old Electrolux fridge, type C40/110 model number RM 4401. The fridge works fine, but the top of the door seal has split, so it's not very effective. I've tried to find a replacement online but with no luck, as it seems they don't make these any more :-(
Also, I'm having trouble finding a current model of fridge that has the same size door...

Does anyone know anywhere that sells fridge door seals? I'd prefer one that can be supplied to size, but if necessary, I'll have a go at gluing the four sides together to create one myself.

Or any other suggestions as to how I mend the existing one?

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
We have virtually the same fridge, spent ages looking for a new seal or something that I could use as an alternative. even looked for a replacement fridge door with a good seal on it. The seal on ours had split in a couple of places, I ended up repairing the seal by inserting a length of sponge rubber piping with a good dab of contact adhesive, not perfect but does mean the seal can still squash down, stops the split filling up and does seem to seal the fridge better.

OP
OP
Rover Prufski
Apr 26, 2018
Inverness, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 740/1F
Thanks for that info SteveJ, I'll start looking for suitable sized rubber tubing...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
OP
OP
Rover Prufski
Apr 26, 2018
Inverness, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 740/1F
Many thanks EuroTrotters for that info - I'll give them both a try. :giggle:
Not sure which the pnc number is...is it the Product Number? If so, it's 00921077445. If not, I've attached a photo of the identification plate

Attachments

• Fridge identification plate.jpg
    Fridge identification plate.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back