Renogy dc dc mppt with schaudt 99 (1 Viewer)

mirkus

Free Member
Oct 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Hello guys :)

I need help to connect the dc-dc mppt charger, cause I don't know how bypass the ebl 99 :(

Can someone explain me, what do I need do?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
It depends on the output of the Renogy unit. If it is within the capacity of the EBL it is fairly simple and you can intercept the existing engine battery connection to the EBL. If it exceeds the limit of the EBL then you need to wire it directly to both the engine and leisure batteries and then disable the original engine battery (alternator) to leisure battery charging circuit. If you wire it directly and leave the original circuit in place you will create a loop from the leisure battery side of the B2B back to the engine battery, which can mess lots of things up.

OP
OP
mirkus

mirkus

Free Member
Oct 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Yeah.. The problem is, that the renogy is 60a and it exceeds the limit of the ebl.. What if I remove the d+from the ebl? I believe that this could be works

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
My previous motorhome had an EBL. Initially I wired the B2B up without disabling the original circuit and strange things happened. Fortunately it was a Votronic unit and I could limit the output to EBL compatible levels so I was able to wire it up via the EBL and the strange things disappeared.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
One possibility is to remove the main 50A fuse on the Starter Battery wire. That's the one that goes to the connection at the back of the EBL (The heavy-duty screw terminals). That wire is only used for the split charge relay, not for anything else. Then wire the B2B directly between the batteries, with suitable wire and fuses, bypassing the EBL.

For anyone else looking at this, if the B2B is 50A or less, it can be put into that starter battery wire by any convenient method. For example, remove the starter battery wire from the back of the EBL, connect it to the input (Starter battery) side of the B2B. Run a new wire of the same thickness from the output (Leisure Battery) side of the B2B to the Starter Battery input at the back of the EBL. It won't be suitable for the Renogy because it's 60A.

The fridge on 12V, and the starter battery charging on EHU, will still function because there is a second starter battery wire (with a 20A fuse) that provides this connection.

The D+ is needed to switch the fridge relay. It will switch the split charge relay too, but if the 50A fuse is removed, nothing will happen.

Pin 2 of the 4-way connector on the EBL is a D+ signal, and you could connect into that wire to get a D+ control signal for the Renogy B2B.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back