Remis electric operated roof light (1 Viewer)

voyageglen

Free Member
Jan 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Hello all,
I am relatively new to motorhoming, so all advice I consider valuable.
In my Autocruise, Gleneagles, 2004. I have a Remis rooflight, pa 6 gf 10008931.
It is electrically operated,so far ok , but,does anyone know if there is a manual override should the electrics fail for whatever reason. I have no manuals and am unable to find any online.
Many thanks,
Michael

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Had one on our last van.
If you remove the cover(if it's the same) gently prise out the triangular honeycomb meshed pieces found on each side. There is a 'tongue' with a V notch at either end of these pieces and putting a fine!!! Screwdriver in the gap at the short square end will allow you to release the tongue by gently prising it away from its catch.
This will give you access to the screws that hold the cover on the ceiling.
Remove the cover and have a look at the front facing side of what you can see.
There, you will find a vertical hole. Inserting a suitable hex Allen key up the hole will allow you to raise or lower the roof light.
If you are prepared to sacrifice the right sized key, you could chop off the short side and fit the long length of key into a drill or driver.
Hope this helps (y)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
voyageglen

Hopefully the advice you've just been given will help you get the remis rooflight operating again.
We found that it was prone to stick either in the down position because the finger wasn't removed and it locked, or in my case, it jammed in the up position and I had to find out its operation the hard way.
Could I respectfully suggest you treat yourself to membership of Motorhome Fun. You Will find its the best ÂŁ15 you could spend. Heck, the advice above has just saved you an hour + at a dealer.

OP
OP
V

voyageglen

Free Member
Jan 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Hello Emmit,
Followed your instructions, after removing trim, inserted Allen key in to the thingamebob and turned, nothing. Noticed a thingamejig and pushed upward, then turned, Et Voila! Think I must have disengaged the motor clutch, whatever, I now have all singing, all dancing manual operation. Thank you 🙏
Best regards
Voyageamida

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back