Rejuvenating paintwork on van (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
What advice can you give regarding the need to t-cut and polish van bodywork. Should I be thinking of power polisher and if so what type and how to use it. The van I am working on has had signage graphics removed and want to remove the shadows caused by them. In the past I have used t-cut and polish by hand which was successful but very time consuming.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
is it painted or coloured gelcoat?

edited, just seen on your profile you have a van conversion, so guess its painted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
It’s called ghosting, we often have try and remove it from vehicles that have been sign written with vinyl graphics. The success or otherwise usually depends on how long the vinyl has been on the vehicle. Sometimes a powered compounding with a product like Farecla G3 will do the job, if it doesn’t then we use other measures. Probably the best advice is to find your local mobile smart repair guy and have them do it.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks for your reply. The graphics have only been on for a couple of years and t-cut does sort it but it takes a fair bit of time just to do a small area. Don't know if t-cut can be used with buffer so prefer to do by hand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back