LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
My little books and the great aires download for tom shows an aire in Reims. I believe it is in the centre. I spoke to a couple of fellow motorhomers yesterday whom informed me that they used this aire and it was great. What they could not answer was this.
The aire has security barriers to get in. You apparantly go to the security office to pay and get the barrier code.. However I was hoping to arrive at midnight (ish). Do any motorhomers have any knowlege of this aire? id so could they answer as a diffinitive yes as to the possibility of getting on during the night?

Many thanks in anticipation of your upcoming answer.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
No personal knowledge of that aire ..

but I don't think it's very considerate to arrive during the night and disturb everyone.. why not park up and arrive in the morning ?

Sorry, no personal offence meant, it's just one of my pet hates ..

Jim

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
No personal knowledge of that aire ..

but I don't think it's very considerate to arrive during the night and disturb everyone.. why not park up and arrive in the morning ?

Sorry, no personal offence meant, it's just one of my pet hates ..

Jim

I know you wouldn't mean to offend Jim.
The idea is to get as far down as we can, when we land at calais we strategically place where our first stop will be to give us the opportunity to explore. so hence why arriving in the morning would be no good to us as by all accounts its an overnight stop.
I personally don't think that arriving at an aire at 12pm is an issue. But if you are there, i promise I will keep the music down, put the alarm on silent and not put my SOG where the smell will annoy you.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Guys

When I was there in November there was some horrendous roadworks, took us hours to get out of the town centre.. It was hell... I would check up 1st to see if its still ongoing....

ShiftZZ

putties

Free Member
Aug 28, 2008
birmingham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Why not head for Lac Du Der where you can park were ever you want. Plus you will get a good night sleep. Look on Campingcarinfos for details.

Putties

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
piney

we will be giving Reimes aire a miss after reading a few reviews. the noise from the road and the reports of used drug needles lying around sort of sold it to me really. ::bigsmile:
so we are heading that bit further to piney.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back