Refillable LPG bottles (1 Viewer)

Aug 15, 2018
Poynton, East Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I recently decided to have a refillable LPG system fitted in my Moho and contacted five companies for quotes. The first was Autogas 2000 because I was impressed by the reviews submitted by Funsters and their response was very helpful and friendly, however, they turned out to be the most expensive at £700 for two 11kg bottles. Other quotes ranged from £597 to £649, then I contacted DB Sport and Leisure Vehicles at Honley near Holmfirth in West Yorkshire.
Dan Barker, the owner, went out of his way to be helpful, even emailing me from the Düsseldorf show in Germany which he was attending to deliver a Mercedes Sprinter he had converted to the precise requirements of his customer. Amazingly his quote was significantly cheaper than any of the others, at £500 including VAT and fitting.
I subsequently drove to Honley and Dan personally fitted the system and thoroughly tested it before accepting my payment. His care in fitting the two GasIt 11kg bottles and associated pipes and fill point was exemplary, he even vacuumed the dust from the four screw holes drilled to secure the fill point inside the gas locker which he’d positioned for security. Finally, he recommended that I buy my LPG from a particular service station because it was 2p per litre cheaper than a slightly nearer place.
In short, I thoroughly recommend Dan to anyone considering having a refillable LPG system fitted in their Moho or campervan. Dan’s phone number is 07426 034 070 and his workshop is located on New Mill Road, Honley, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back