Recommended vets in France for wormer (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We’re hopefully going back to France for a fortnight in mid October.

I say hopefully as OH ended up in hospital when we came back last week - botched catheter change. The real issue is waiting 15 months for his prostate reduction surgery - he can’t have the normal TURPS as needs more extensive surgery and only one hospital in Scotland can do it.

Anyway back to the issue - we got Nala a pet passport in Bruges (€88 for passport, wormer, 3 years rabies) and reading on here some vets charge the same just for wormer.

I’d prefer not to go back to Bruges. We’ll follow the weather so likely to end up Gruissan/Provence/possibly Atlantic coast. Happy to get wormer in south before we head north or further north either Loire or Normandy.

I’ve seen Minxy goes to a vet in Buchy but all recommendations welcome. How far in advance do we need to book? Thanks.

OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Purchase your own tablets here, online, and minxy is right on the money. Buchy vet book online few days before your return. Cost me 12 Euros per dog a few weeks ago.
Thanks - is that Clinique Seren’vet and does it matter which vet I choose?

Also on drop down menú do I choose General Consultation as ‘worming’ is not an option.

Thanks!

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Purchase your own tablets here
I did that and the Buchy vet wouldn’t use them as they were not approved by French for vets to use. Sold us his own and didn’t charge an appointment fee, can’t remember how much but around €15

Apr 29, 2019
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper, Corilliam
Exp
since 2002
We’re hopefully going back to France for a fortnight in mid October.

I say hopefully as OH ended up in hospital when we came back last week - botched catheter change. The real issue is waiting 15 months for his prostate reduction surgery - he can’t have the normal TURPS as needs more extensive surgery and only one hospital in Scotland can do it.

Anyway back to the issue - we got Nala a pet passport in Bruges (€88 for passport, wormer, 3 years rabies) and reading on here some vets charge the same just for wormer.

I’d prefer not to go back to Bruges. We’ll follow the weather so likely to end up Gruissan/Provence/possibly Atlantic coast. Happy to get wormer in south before we head north or further north either Loire or Normandy.

I’ve seen Minxy goes to a vet in Buchy but all recommendations welcome. How far in advance do we need to book? Thanks.
Buchy we’re going to charge for one dog ,medical worming tablet and passport signed February 24 , E 64 as we are going home from Dieppe we tryed a few along the coast in Fecamp one was E65 the other E24 for the same, 10 Rue Gustave Nicole 76400 Frecamp 02 35 10 08 08

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
We've never had a problem finding a vet on the way back to the channel ports. We usually have a 2/3 night stop on our way back and use a local vet in the town where we stop. Don't recall paying more than E30, and the vets give the dog a thorough going over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
This map may be of some help but it doesn't appear to have been updated much over the last few years.

OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
All interesting. My post was for October 23 but I think we’re hopefully going out October 24 as well all being well!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just been chatting to a couple who got their dog passport last year in Spain who we then used ... Amazing how we just happened to be on the same aire!

We recommend Buchy to them as a French vet they'd rung was quoting €58 for a small dog! They rang Buchy and we're told the charge would be €25 for the consultation plus €10 for the tablet for a dog up to 10kg. As they only have Bob Martin type tablets which wouldn't be accepted as they don't have Praziquantel in them we gave them a couple of Drontal tasty bone ones just in case their dog is over 10kg. We've also told them where to buy the tablets in the UK too to save dosh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back