Recommended Dealers in Devon/Somerset (1 Viewer)

Richard Carder

Free Member
Jun 4, 2017
North Molton, Devon
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm just about to go looking for a used Motorhome and shall be looking to purchase one from a dealer from Devon and Somerset area. I'm looking for a reputable dealer any recommendations appreciated?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I second the recommendation for Highbridge ... we travelled 250 miles from our home to go to them!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
So you go to Highbridge,
Casual question from them during the course of a chat to ascertain whether you are a previous customer.
We were, but weren't prepared to accept their awful attempt at a part exchange to deal with them. We may have been 'soft' in the past.
They seemed surprised when I told them how awful their offer had been. We then walked out.
If you have been a previous customer, it might just pay you to offer an alt. postcode or deny you have been a customer.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So you go to Highbridge,
Casual question from them during the course of a chat to ascertain whether you are a previous customer.
We were, but weren't prepared to accept their awful attempt at a part exchange to deal with them. We may have been 'soft' in the past.
They seemed surprised when I told them how awful their offer had been. We then walked out.
If you have been a previous customer, it might just pay you to offer an alt. postcode or deny you have been a customer.
Interesting, the PX we got from them against a new MH was £3,000 more than anyone else would do against exactly the same MH (a new model so only available at full price).

Upvote 0
Mar 5, 2017
Triana, Spain
Funster No
MH
Autotrail EKS
Exp
Another vote for Chelston, we brought secondhand from them in April, good deal on part exchange and very good advice and backup.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back