Recommended anti-virus software (1 Viewer)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
MSE, Malware Bytes, Adblock Plus and Spybot Search and Destroy, the latter sometimes finds things the others don't. :Smile:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I have the free AVG as well as Spybot, have had them for years, my husband has them on his computer, no problems, touch wood, I don`t and never would bank on line, also very careful with the sites that I buy from.

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
sorry not to reply sooner, got distracted by other issues. thanks for suggestions. do need to use online banking when away in van for longer trips so need best security. tried downloading free avg and failed miserably (think firefox might have blocked it??). looked up forum on problems with avg and suggested lots of probs at moment updating, etc. so even more confused now. had hoped not to go back to Kaspersky 'cos when there are probs they're really hard to deal with.
needing to download lots of different programs on new computer and was hoping to get security issues sorted first.
thinking cap back on...:Confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I always had Antivirus paid for software, until a computer engineer told me to use MSE.

Not had a problem with it at all - and boy, did the computer speed up!

Made me feel an idiot for not using it before - but you are taught not to trust free things!

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Check out Rapport by Trusteer - recommended by my bank(s).....:thumb:.....for mobile banking.....:thumb:

Have it on the mobile and tablet also.....:thumb:

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
I always had Antivirus paid for software, until a computer engineer told me to use MSE.
Made me feel an idiot for not using it before - but you are taught not to trust free things!
Interesting! do you do online banking with MSE - we've got whatever comes with the latest version of Windows7 Professional, SP2?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Check out Rapport by Trusteer - recommended by my bank(s).....:thumb:.....for mobile banking.....:thumb quOTE]

looked up Rapport, some banks seem to offer it (but not ours unfortunately). Rapport's website suggests not suitable for use with Firefox which we run.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back