Recommend an electric heater (1 Viewer)

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Normally we take all the bedding and soft furnishings out of the van over the winter when not in use. Can anyone recommend a cheap to run electric heater to keep the van at about 15/16C during the winter ?

Jul 24, 2020
San Antonio Tlayacapan, Mexico
Funster No
MH
2023 LTV Unity TB
Exp
Small oil filled like a Dimplex or Delonghi. We used one for four winters when we were building our 35 foot sloop back in the 80's. It was great to get to the shop which was freezing and find the hull at a decent temp inside.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why do you want to heat it, warm air holds more moisture. Never heat ours when it's not in use, leave the beds made up clothes in the cupboards, never had any problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
You will end up paying more to heat the van than to heat the house, we take out soft furnishings if not using van for a few weeks over winter but don't put heat in. When we got our first van we thought same as you but soon changed our mind when I saw the electricity bill

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
No heating for us, but we do run a dehumidifier during the winter which keeps things dry, and circulates the air. Heating causes more damp and condensation

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Rather than heat the ‘van, it’s more important to keep the air circulating (imho!) so we use a small USB powered fan to keep the air moving about……yes, I know air molecules are never still, but you know what I mean!
I used to put a small oil-filled rad. in the ‘van during cold weather, but, as Lenny HB said, warm air holds more moisture - just leave the roof vents slightly open to help keep thing moving too. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back