Rear Vision / Reversing cameras (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
takes a deep breath....

Okay, would you all be kind enought to share your thoughts please, and feel free to laugh / point / correct me if I make a dogs of this...

When we get a motorhome, it will probably be a class C RV (Citation or similar).

I guess it will be a good idea to see behind me when driving, and when reversing. I know there are a couple of "twin lens" systems out there, but I also may want to put in a "blind side camera" to aid at junctions.

What do you recommend? How easy is it to get a 3-input monitor? Does anyone have a similar setup, and is there anything you would specifically like to mention, or piece of kit you think will do the job I want.

I really would value your input guys! ( no pun intended )

Thanks in advance,
Papa Smurf

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi
I have fitted 2 of Link Removed to recent vehicles, they are fantastic things and work in extremely low light. Really recommend them.

Keith

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for that!. Love the price in particular! Now, if they had a 3rd input...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i just fitted one of these.Link Removed it only has two inputs and audio but i find it hard to reverse using it as i cant judge the distance as yet and the audio is crap, picks up RF from alternator so disconnected it, i dont need to HEAR where im going in reverse.
i also disconnected the reverse mode as it gives a view as though over your shoulder which i never do. pretty pointless if you cant see out the back. i always reverse with mirrors only.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I think Des has a three/four camera set up made by Sony, he imported it from the states, around a grand I believe :Eeek: you can show one or all cameras on the screen.

Cheaper option is two screens, I use a small screen for both reversing cameras, one for a long view the other looks straight down, and another for the side view.

Works fine, except at night when the cameras get blinded by the headlights of following cars.

Olley

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back