Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Mooveo C6 2010
Exp
I'm New!
Hi All,
Sorry lots of questions today, Our 2010 Mooveo has 4 rear seats, To forward facing and two rear. Rear facing have lapbelts which have actually been removed, I'm fine with that I'd never use them, and looking at how they were attached I'm glad they are gone.

Forward facing ones have a seat belt column, which has the lower and top attached points, then the clips are through the floor to large spreader plates. The column appears to have a strap round the chassis, but the spreader plates for the clips are just through the floor. The floor is a good inch of timber with a grp base rather than a sandwich insulated floor.

2 Questions - Is that fairly normal, I would have expected the clips to be attached to the main seat belt column but the spreader plates are large substantial plates.

Reading regulations for adding seats, it seems to sit well with in them and being from the factory I'd assume it met all the requirements. But its French/Italian built in 2010???

2nd - The bench seat itself is flimsy, no metal frame, and the top of it is now quite flexy, I suspect it may be touch the boiler exhaust, when my heavier self sits on it. I was going to put a new piece of ply in, but through why not put a metal frame in (I have a fabricator friend who could whip one up not problem) just to add some additional structure and avoid any collapse in a crash. It wouldn't interfere with or attach to the factory fitted seat belt structure in anyway.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sounds flimsy our Hymers have always had heavy steel frames that are diagonally braced all bolted through the floor onto the chassis.

Found a couple of pics of mine.
1674127513461.png

1674127547851.png

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Looks like a similar arrangement to mine although the steelwork looks a bit lighter. It should be bolted through the floor to the chassis, it won't meet regulations if it isn't.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
OP
OP
NorthenMotorhome
Nov 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Mooveo C6 2010
Exp
I'm New!
The Main Frame is, but the seat belt plates are just through the floor onto spreader plates.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back