Rear End Shunt Update Finally (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
After 40 days & nights ,

Money for motorhome write off in the bank,

now got to sort replacement.

Time schedule.
Accident 21st Nov , reported to insurance next day
Assessor visited 7th Dec
Written off agreement 19th Dec
21st Dec Motorhome collected from me & piggie backed away
22th Dec motorhome went to salvage yard

Thank You !!!! Equity Red star for being so prompt & efficient.

Only now got to sort getting my excess , plus various other expenditures & my physio cost's back from the other insurance co
Through my insurance legal cover team.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Good it's sorted. I was impressed with Admiral recently when Mrs F had an accident in the family car - accident happened on a Friday, no one hurt luckily. Car was taken away there & then as not driveable. Assessor viewed on the following Tuesday and agreed to write off, sum agreed and we had cash in the bank on Thursday. Very efficient.

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Good news terry, the insurance system has worked just as we would all want it to. I hope that you and Ann find a suitable replacement soon. I look forward to seeing the new van if we happen to meet again on our travels in France .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
That’s great and hope the rest falls in line quickly.... now we need to get you another van, what are you looking for so we can all help... if there’s anything over the southwest that you need looking at let me know...

Need to get you back on the road over in France as I’ve stayed at a few of your spots ......:xThumb:

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
That’s great and hope the rest falls in line quickly.... now we need to get you another van, what are you looking for so we can all help... if there’s anything over the southwest that you need looking at let me know...

Need to get you back on the road over in France as I’ve stayed at a few of your spots ......:xThumb:

@Smith and Sharp ,
currently looking at (on web) Swift Escape 684 Vogue
but only available up at Spinney motorhomes in Cheshire & there not open until 2nd Jan.
Thanks Terry

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Great result!, very pleased all sorted out for you both, its what we all would expect when choosing insurance providers.
Hope you find your new dream van soon....but a Swift???? we had a big fall out last year, all over the ST Forum, cancelled new order in the end, and changed manufacturer due to all the same QA problems listed by members, which Swift ignored to respond to.
Best wishes to you both though, hope the special birthday for SWMBO went well in the end.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@FIDGET
Glad to hear it’s all sorted.

Be careful of the doomsayers re Swift on this Forum.

Yes, some models have had problems but far from all. We are on our 5th Swift...... Royale, Gazelle, Sundance, Esprit and now Select. The only real problem we have had was with damp in the Sundance, which was 10 years old when we bought it on our return to motorhoming after an 8 year absence, repaired by the dealer under warranty.

All the others have been great hence our staying with them. Our latest one was delivered (2nd December) with no faults at all other than two screws which were too short to hold a door latch in position securely, replaced by myself. Everything else has worked perfectly in the 1200 miles we have covered since then.

The m/h that we had tremendous problems with was from a so called “quality” manufacturer. We had so many problems we ditched it within 18 months from new.

However, there are some Swift models with problems. I Believe the Bolero is one.

Good luck!

Edit

I think Spinney are quite a good dealership from our one bit of business with them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @maison ,
Yes like you , we've had 2 swift's with no major prob's,
So I will check this one out , as it meets most of my requirements but not all , always have to compromise on something.
Terry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Make sure you check the actual payload for the Vogue as it's a big MH so I doubt once loaded you'd be able to keep it below 3500kg.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Other Swift Escape 684's here:

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Not marked as 'Vogue' so that may be a Spinney special (ie their trim etc).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back