Rapido habitation door unlocking (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
Hi everyone
I have recently developed a problem on my Rapido 7065 ff bought 18 months ago new
The habitation locks ok on key fob and unlocks but cannot open with handle on outside have to go in cab door and it opens from the inside though
Can any one help as dealer is 3 hours away appreciate any help

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
they are renowned for breaking. I have replaced mine on my Rapido. But I just need to get it right, is it operational when not locked or is entrance to the van never possible?

OP
OP
K
Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
It will lock unlock on key fob in central locking but cannot open door on outside but can from the inside

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
sounds to me like a similar issue that I had on mine whereby the rod had come off the spring and snapped. I ended up having to replace quite a bit of the inners.
if it's under warranty get them to fix it, I was quoted nearly £1000 but managed to source the parts myself with the help of another funster and fix it myself for about £60... I went direct to Hapich who make the doors. Rule out anything simple first.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I had the same problem on my Pilote Cab door, had to put pressure on the upper locking point while pulling the handle. Had the dealer adjust the position of the locking point, seems to have cured the problem.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Had a similar problem on mine after it had been serviced. The garage had used the key to lock it rather than the fob which I always use, and I discovered the lock will only work properly if the key lock barrel is in a certain position. Could be worth trying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back