Rapido forward facing travel seats (1 Viewer)

Oct 21, 2019
North Shields
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi hoping to get some unbiased opinion on the comfort of the rear travel seats in the 996M (2008 the one I have seen advertised) or the new range eg 8066df.
It's the side facing benches that convert into forward facing seats I'm on about.
We are looking to upgrade our van and one of the most important aspects we are looking at is improving the rear travelers comfort. My 2 boys are growing fast at 5ft+ and they find the rear travel seats in our van cramped uncomfortable. I like the idea of them being separate (at least they wont be able to punch each other šŸ™„) as I see in many Rapido models. But need to know if these seats are comfortable for long journeys or are they more of an occasional use?

Thanks

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
Room wise they are OK and reasonably comfortable to sit on when I tried them out on the drive (I'm 6'2"). Can't say what they will be like on a long journey as we've not used ours in anger yet. Like all these things compromises have to be made.

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
They're comfy enough to sit on for hours in the pouring rain when I don't want to venture out, no difference when used as a travel seat.

Regards
Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
SWMBO has traveled around three hours or so in our forward facing seats in the 995m

No complaints at the destination šŸ‘

May 25, 2021
Alfreton, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The sofa is comfy enough for sitting on all night, so the passenger seat made up from the same cushions should be no different for the day time trip. As a 8066DF owner I would say that the conversion works and only takes a minute to change around (for each seat). There is a lot of room between the front and rear seats, so leg room is not an issue, and the table is available for use as well. I don't think that any conversion seat will compare with the comfort provided by purpose made fixed seats, or indeed the quality of car seats, but they do work and they provide better space for users than the bench seats usually found with dinette arrangements. Any converted seat will be a compromise solution and I would suggest that you need to try it our for yourself to be sure if it is going to be a deal breaker.

Attachments

• IMG_4930.JPG
    IMG_4930.JPG
    455.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4929.JPG
    IMG_4929.JPG
    404.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4927.JPG
    IMG_4927.JPG
    379.6 KB · Views: 67
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
The sofa is comfy enough for sitting on all night, so the passenger seat made up from the same cushions should be no different for the day time trip. As a 8066DF owner I would say that the conversion works and only takes a minute to change around (for each seat). There is a lot of room between the front and rear seats, so leg room is not an issue, and the table is available for use as well. I don't think that any conversion seat will compare with the comfort provided by purpose made fixed seats, or indeed the quality of car seats, but they do work and they provide better space for users than the bench seats usually found with dinette arrangements. Any converted seat will be a compromise solution and I would suggest that you need to try it our for yourself to be sure if it is going to be a deal breaker.
agree entirely. i have a 604 with same front layout. Our 10yr old grandson travels in rhs chair as in 4929 above and is happy enough. The lhs has been used by MIL with no complaints.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

csaranchai

Free Member
Jul 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido740f
Hello just come on to forum For 4 years we have had the best motor home around Rapido 740f 2001. at Ā£14k it's got everything and returns 24-31 mpg 2.8jtd I just saw it and bought it.... But I keep looking at the big models for say Ā£70k realy love the luxury of space and comfort for when we are away... The length is wonderful in France but the size is a nightmare in uk....we only wild camp in uk. we have been over to France twice around 2400 miles down to the Med. oh and they closed the motorhome parking at Arcachon . France fantastic We broke down once and got a flat bed back home but if it was bigger the RAC cannot help us.....I should be content with what we have there's nothing better, immaculate inside , but it's getting old with 80 k miles Incidentally France Total garages are the only main people selling lpg last year and getting hygienic tap water was a problem , Spent someĀ£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ on it dead happy, new clutch Ā£949, New alternator and belts Ā£1125 New fridge Ā£840 added oven shower sat tv etc Paid Ā£9k for it so I am just under Ā£14k total Only commented as wife said lets go away , but where in uk for 8 days, just want to get back to France ha ha ha Which would you chose Falmouth or Arcachon ha ha ha Friends got fed up and used the tunnel yesterday off to Italy for 3 month in a massive Hymer enjoy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back