Rapido 9083DF fresh water system (1 Viewer)

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Hi just tried to fill my cold water tanks and the water will not go into the tanks.I have accessed the tanks vie the garage at the rear and the tank on the near side seems to have the end of a plastic tube on displaying the left hand side approx 70mm circumference Not wanting to cause any damage as when pulled feels springy which may mean there is filter of sorts(pipe going in pipe going out but nothing visible) between the filler cap and the tanks any idea's would be appreciated.cheers H.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
By circumference do you mean diameter? At 70mm circumference it doesn't sound like a filler hose.

OP
OP
treetops1

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Hi Tony, The flexi filler hose is about 40 mm across .This dissapears through the woodwork heading in the direction of the tanks..the tube I refer to is about 70mm a cross and I can only see it end on . This on the left side of the near side tank and is clear plastic but when I pull it is connected to something flexi but it fits in tight and cannot see anything past it .It does start to resist after pulling about 40mm but cannot risk damaging anything.There is water in the filler pipe ,no leaks so assume this clear pipe may be part of my problem . Nothing in the Manuel ,so a bit reluctant to start pulling the The clear tube until I am aware what it is lol. Thanks for your reply .H

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Are you sure you have 2 fresh water tanks? One may well be your grey water waste tank and the pipe may be its drain. You normally fill the fresh water tank through the filler point on the outside wall of your motorhome.

OP
OP
treetops1

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Yes cannot get any water to go into the outside filler point .The 9 series has a drinking water tank at each side of the van and near side fills first then the off side .Access to both these tanks are easy vie the garage as both are plastic and visible .The grey water goes to a central tank and empties to the off side of the van The drinking water empties in the centre of the van .The only thing I can think of if there is an air lock somewhere which I will try and locate tomorrow .The water tanks are empty but there is water from the filler point which I can see between floors then the pipe work dissapears just short of the water tanks where access is difficult and water is not getting in the tank .Thanks for your reply , might well be something simple I will let everyone know when I solve it lol.Cheers.H

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back