Radio fitment and proximity alignment - 2018 Peugeot Boxer (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2021
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have just replaced the radio on my 2018 Elddis Autoquest and the odometer is flashing. Also the alarm system appears not to be working. Alarm is a Gemini 931 MTH. Will proximity alignment fix this?

Wannabee

Free Member
Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
30 years on boats now MH now a chugger
Sounds like the CANBUS is looking to have a completed circuit. Had exactly the same issue on my 2019 built Compass 196 which is Peugeot Boxer built, when I swapped out the head unit with a Pioneer replacement. The original radios are CANBUS so your replacement needs to be too. As soon as I wired in the new unit the flashing stopped, it's the system's way of telling you the CANBUS is incomplete. You might be able to get round it with an adapter, you'd have to look into that one. I suspect your alarm problem will disappear when you resolve the head unit issue. Seem to remember the separate adapter I bought so the steering wheel controls still work was the interface the vehicle was looking for. Sorry it's a while since I did the job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
2015 Citroen Relay
I have a 2015 Relay based vehicle. Same issue as you. I swapped my head unit out for a genuine sat nav unit. I have been told that the new unit needs coding to the vehicle chassis number / ECU. Not many people have the software but have been told main agent can do it. Let me know if and how you resolve the issue.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Apr 26, 2021
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I contacted the main agent in Preston Lancashire. No joy at all. It looks like I will have to live with flashing odometer.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I had this problem. I had to do some to and fro'ing between dealer and Peugeot. Turns out the non-Peugeot radio (Bailey media pack) was the cause. I posted this at the time:-

Update on the above problem. I contacted Bailey's. They were able to confirm this as a known problem. They told me that there was an article about it on the dealers' 'trade' section of the Bailey site. I was able to pass this on to the dealer who had it in, got behind the panneling and set the 'dip switches' correctly. This has solved the problem. They said that with the media pack fitted the 'aux' and 'USB' sockets would not be functional but I don't mind that.

Upvote 0

Wannabee

Free Member
Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
30 years on boats now MH now a chugger
Linked though different, I had a problem with the Type Pressure Warning System being at odds (too high) with the actual running pressure I chose, causing a dash warning. There have been loads of posts about this. The local Peugeot dealer didn't want to know, but a local diagnostic company came and reset it to my chosen pressures in the software with their Autel diagnostics, problem solved. You may find a local company willing to do this in the event your dealer won't, for the radio, so the vehicle isn't looking for kit it no longer has. WynandJean's post suggests there is a fix, you just haven't found it yet! Good luck.

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I have just replaced the radio on my 2018 Elddis Autoquest and the odometer is flashing. Also the alarm system appears not to be working. Alarm is a Gemini 931 MTH. Will proximity alignment fix this?
A PROXI alignment with Multiecuscan should solve your problem.

The canbus is looking for the OEM radio, which you’ve removed.

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
Will the Fiat Multiecuscan software reset the Peugeot Proxi alignment
(when I asked Gendan Diagnostics the same question I was told it would not work on a X250 Peugeot Boxer)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back