Quiet small campsite Fort william (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2016
Jersey JE37YN
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hello I’ve been trying to find a small campsite around Fort William. There only seems to be big campsites, no Cl’s etc etc. Does anyone have any recommendations please as to where we could stay? Thank you,

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I fear all campsites will be rammed this year:(, the only one I have stayed at was up Glen Nevis but the last time I was there they wanted silly money.

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Doesn’t look like there are any CL/CS sites, there are a few off road parking without services such as Lidl car park but I assume your looking for nice quiet site with water and waste ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mayflower
Mar 12, 2016
Jersey JE37YN
Funster No
MH
Exp
I fear all campsites will be rammed this year:(, the only one I have stayed at was up Glen Nevis but the last time I was there they wanted silly money.
Yes, I thought they want quite a lot of money and like most of us we are pretty self sufficient. There were also lots of reviews about noisy neighbours etc etc. We just need A basic quiet spot. Thanks for answering.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mayflower
Mar 12, 2016
Jersey JE37YN
Funster No
MH
Exp
Doesn’t look like there are any CL/CS sites, there are a few off road parking without services such as Lidl car park but I assume your looking for nice quiet site with water and waste ?
Yes that’s where looking for, we’re usually in the mountains of Spain at this time of year, sadly not available this year.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
As you say there's a dearth of small sites around Ft William and, probably, the best of the larger ones is Invercoe but it's a bit out from Fort William itself.
You can park in the car park opposite The West End Hotel (payable) but no overnighting.
Think a blind eye used to be turned at the car park at The Shinty Club but think not now.

Upvote 0
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Linnhe Lochside Holidays.
a great site with its own beach and wooded walks. Very nice clean site with stunning views of the Ben. We go up just to get away for a few days. The boss loves it. Busses 🚎 are easy to fort William and return. 👍😷🥃Oh and the Harry Potter train goes under the pvt bridge to enter the site. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
As fat haggis Linnhe Lochside Holidays is a good site and in the past they were an ACSI, site so good value for the facilities and position if they are allowed to open them! There is no bar so it is quiet site.

Upvote 0

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Not very near Fort William, But at Arisaig on the road to Malaig, years ago e stayed at a small site

Invercaimbe Caravan and Campsite​

It was a quiet basic site right by the beach. It was about 7 years ago so dont know what it may be like now
Our pitch at Arisaig.jpg

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not very near Fort William, But at Arisaig on the road to Malaig, years ago e stayed at a small site

Invercaimbe Caravan and Campsite​

It was a quiet basic site right by the beach. It was about 7 years ago so dont know what it may be like now
Whatever you do don't be going just a wee bitty further out towards Mallaig to Camusdarach (the beach in Local Hero).
The beach is rubbish!

Upvote 0

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
We stayed at Glen Nevis last year... No idea what the rates are now but I’d definitely stay there again... the weather was scorchio which helped...

Upvote 0
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed at Glen Nevis last year... No idea what the rates are now but I’d definitely stay there again... the weather was scorchio which helped...
They have increased significantly from last summer and are now prepared rather than a deposit and payment a few weeks before travel so we are now booked into Ben Nevis Holiday instead.

Upvote 1

Guerrilla

Free Member
Nov 10, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
Since 2016
Agree Linnhe campsite great and quiet. Beautiful spot and bus passes by to take you into Fort William. Still an acsi site so less than £20 a night. We're there at the moment. Highly recommend.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back