Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Woodbridge Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
We our newbies
After a lot of research we thinking of purchasing Autosleeper Warwick xl in new year. But we do have concerns that the interior windows on the Warwick do not open and we were just wondering if anyone with a similar van has issues with the heat due to the fact they do not open for ventilation also is storage a problem( ie chairs etc ). The other option is the Burnster 590 MH but are thinking the PVC as opposed to a traditional motorhome as we are hoping this would allow us to use van at home as a normal car and when on sites to go to supermarkets, NT and other places of interest as we are not ones for public transport.
Confused of Suffolk.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We have a IH PVC and all the windows open.

At 6.36mtrs it is a bit long to pop down to Sainsbury for us but a 5.4mtr or 6mtr van should be ok.

We agree lugging around awnings/chairs etc is a pain as they often end up in the living quarters whilst we are moving site to site.

Airing the van has never been a problem as the rear doors and side door all open wide.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

Woodster

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Woodbridge Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
We our newbies
Told you I was confused, I should have said the windows in lounge/ bedroom do not open so I would imagine on sultry nights it must get very hot. But thanks for your input. ?

Upvote 0

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Told you I was confused, I should have said the windows in lounge/ bedroom do not open so I would imagine on sultry nights it must get very hot. But thanks for your input. ?

Depending where you are parked you might not want the side windows open at night. Our IH has a reasonably large roof light that opens wide and usually lets enough air in.

We use ours Spring and Autumn so night time temperatures are not usually a problem.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
There's a big rooflight above the lounge / sleeping area, and windows in the rear doors. Should be adequate fresh air in hot weather without using side windows. Opening the side and back doors enables a quick air change.

On the question of using them as a daily driver instead of a car:

The 5.99 m and 6.36 m vans have the same long wheelbase and turning circle. The 5.4 m vans have a medium wheelbase and tighter turning circle making them a bit easier to manoever in (say) a supermarket car park. Downside is less internal space when on site. A test drive might be invaluable before making an expensive buying decision.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We would not have anything without opening windows, you need airflow , our daughter converted a minibus that only had a couple of small windows, that got hot at times, and that was in the UK. ? Bob.
20190710_143951.jpg

This was a free spot and it was so hot, and if it wasn't for drying the washing we would have been under the tree's. ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have a PVC, a Murvi, and we regularly open the side windows during the day when it's hot. This can create a through draught you can't get with a rooflight alone. When flies are about we use the mesh screens.

We can open the side door and we have a homemade fly screen for it but the dog needs to go on the lead then.

We don't open them at night of course but the Endless Breeze fan creates the draught if needed. This would be an option if your side windows didn't open but it seems an unnecessary restriction.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back