Puddle in an Adria Coral (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
We have recently noticed a small puddle on the floor of our Adria Coral directly in front of the fridge and adjacent to the bathroom wall - the water appears to be coming from the bottom of the wall/partition. I am fairly certain that it is not coming from the fridge and we have not been using the shower and so I am sure that it is not coming from the shower tray. I have checked the basin waste and H&C supply pipes (that I can get to!) and can't find any evidence of any leakage. The problem has occurred on days when there has been no rain so I don't think it is a leak from the roof or skylights tracking down the inside of the wall.

There are areas of the pipework that I can't get to without starting to disassemble the bathroom furniture and so it seemed sensible to post on this forum in case another Funster has had a similar experience and can suggest possible causes before the MH get's dismantled.

Thanks in anticipation.

OP
OP
Hooflungdung
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Andy - The puddle was appearing where the tissue is in the photo and appeared to be coming from under the bathroom partition. There is no water there now - probably because we haven't used the van since the weekend. We used it for 4 or 5 days last week and most days there was some water which appeared to be coming from under the wall.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Adria Puddle 14-10-21.jpg
    Adria Puddle 14-10-21.jpg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Have you got a bigger/wider pic of your layout, or floor plan?

Looks different to ours, which looks older than yours, but our water pump and filter is under the bed end by the bathroom wall, and this had a slight weep to it which appeared by the bathroom wall, the opposite side to our fridge.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
This is mine. Green mark water pump and filter. Blue where water showed.

Attachments

• 3C4CDD71-DDD8-4E92-A82E-E5A107CEB85E.jpeg
    3C4CDD71-DDD8-4E92-A82E-E5A107CEB85E.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 1
OP
OP
Hooflungdung
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
I think our water pump is in a similar location to yours but the leak is on the other side of the van and towards the front.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Very different to ours then.

No where near the water systems.

Have you looked into the bottom fridge grill (outside) where there is a small water catch tray on the fridge, and check that?

Yes I’m struggling now. Sorry.

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Adria Coral 660SP, 56 plate.

I regularly have a small stream of water across the floor.

Everything indicates that is coming from the under fridge. Usually occurs after a few days on EHU and fridge on 240v and when I unhook and travel, when I stop there is a small trickle of water from under the fridge, across the floor and into the Hab Door footwell, where it disappears out of the drain hole! I mop it up at safe opportunities.

At every Hab check I ask for opinions!

The usual response if that the damp meter does not indicate a problem, it is probably a small amount of condensation not draining away or evaporating fast enough. No obvious cause for alarm and no indication of damage. How much do I want to throw at having the fridge removed and deeper research?

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Adria Coral 660SP, 56 plate.

I regularly have a small stream of water across the floor.

Everything indicates that is coming from the under fridge. Usually occurs after a few days on EHU and fridge on 240v and when I unhook and travel, when I stop there is a small trickle of water from under the fridge, across the floor and into the Hab Door footwell, where it disappears out of the drain hole! I mop it up at safe opportunities.

At every Hab check I ask for opinions!

The usual response if that the damp meter does not indicate a problem, it is probably a small amount of condensation not draining away or evaporating fast enough. No obvious cause for alarm and no indication of damage. How much do I want to throw at having the fridge removed and deeper research?
Have you checked the drain pot at the back of the fridge? It can be done via fridge lower vent. If it is full, then you can just extend the drain tube through the floor, and not bother with the tiny drain tray.

Upvote 0
Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Have you checked the drain pot at the back of the fridge? It can be done via fridge lower vent. If it is full, then you can just extend the drain tube through the floor, and not bother with the tiny drain tray.
beat me to it as andy said its likely to be the fridge

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hooflungdung
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
The fluid doesn't appear to be coming from the fridge and I checked the space behind the lower vent and it's dry as a bone. It does seem to be coming from under the bathroom wall/partition. The WC is on the other side of the wall but there is no evidence of a leak from there. The shower tray was 'speedcoated' a few years ago and so would need to be 3+ inches deep before water could go anywhere other than the waste outlet. The shower hasn't been used recently so it's unlikely to be the waste connection.

I think it can only be either the H or C supply to the basin or the basin waste but in the hidden section between the cupboard under the basin and the floor.

I've got a hab check at Broadway Leisure in a couple of weeks so if I can't find the problem myself over the weekend I will probably get them to investigate.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Does it only happen at certain times like when showering or using a certain tap.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Water pump quiet apart from when taps used? And when you’ve had pump off for a while does it run, or has system lost pressure?

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Is your toilet that side? If so have you removed the cassette and then looked sideways to check for any water?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hooflungdung
Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
I've only noticed the pump come on when the tap is on and would definitely notice if it came on at any other time. Pump doesn't usually come on until the tap has been running for a few seconds so I don't think it is losing pressure. Probably need to pay a bit more attention next time we use it.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
I've only noticed the pump come on when the tap is on and would definitely notice if it came on at any other time. Pump doesn't usually come on until the tap has been running for a few seconds so I don't think it is losing pressure. Probably need to pay a bit more attention next time we use it.
Our December 2019 670sl Axess has juat leaked from the plumbing to the shower for the second time in 6000 miles of travelling. Fortunately, ours is again running inside the shower unit. It is only a weep but, we can hear your water pump re-pressurising every now and again when all the taps are off through the night.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we had a similar layout van and found water had run of the back of the unit behind the sink tracked across the floor to a similar spot also tank under seat we overfilled once and it leaked out the access cap also wound up in that spot its amazing how water run to a low point

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Oddly enough we have just had a similar experience on Saturday while at Ulwell campsite. We have an Adria Coral 680SL 2004. We had slight leak seeming to come from under curved corner of bathroom wall some time ago, had it checked out and nothing could be found coming from nearby freshwater tank or pipes. On Saturday same happened again but much bigger leak, carpet was soaked, again no visible sign of water under seating in U-shaped lounge or by tank. Drained tank off to stop any further leaking. Will have to have it investigated but we assume now it must be to do with piping under floor to bathroom sink.

Unfortunately no photos but will look for a floor layout plan and mark it up to show where leak was.

Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Arrow indicates leak, tank is under seat to the right of it. Is this anywhere near your leak?
Fridge is opposite but definitely not the cause.

F9671123-7575-48C6-8D86-638FE4E8491A.jpeg

Bathroom layout.

DB21095A-EF5A-4ECA-8754-45590D2DC68F.jpeg

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We had a very similar wet patch, but was easy to track down as it only happened after we had travelled in heavy rain. Puddles were coming inside!

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We had a puddle few years back and found a connection for draining the tank had split.
The puddle of water we had the other day was dog toy landing in water bowl.
The other puddles have been due to an over excited puppy or us missing the ‘I need a wee’ signs!
Hope you find your culprit and it’s an easy fix.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
The push fit plumbing fittings that Adria use are notoriously bad for leaking. Numerous people on the Adria Facebook groups have had them. I've replaced 4 with John Guest fittings and fitted pipe inserts. Every time for me it's been the hot water pipes. I think they deform when they get hot and the seal is broken, fitting pipe inserts helps. If the water isn't already obvious on the floor the first clue that you have a leak is the pump running during the night.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
As part of the process of elimination have a look at the fittings under the sink tap where they are push fitted to the supply pipes. U will probably find a thin panel u can remove inside the cupboard to expose the pipework.
In the end ours turned out to be a cracked tap body and the water was obviously running underneath the show tray. Not the same van but made by adria.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The push fit plumbing fittings that Adria use are notoriously bad for leaking. Numerous people on the Adria Facebook groups have had them. I've replaced 4 with John Guest fittings and fitted pipe inserts. Every time for me it's been the hot water pipes. I think they deform when they get hot and the seal is broken, fitting pipe inserts helps. If the water isn't already obvious on the floor the first clue that you have a leak is the pump running during the night.
I have just been moving, in my 2007 Murvi Morello, my habitation water pump from inside the wardrobe (where it was VERY awkward to get too) to behind the rear doors and have been looking for some John Guest 12mm SUPERSEAL Inserts EVERYWHERE!
NO-ONE seems to have any (plenty of 15mm as there used in the building trade but NO 12mm) :(
When I spoke to John Guest, they told me that ALL they had were going to the European market NOT the UK! :madder:

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We had a 2008 version of your motorhome. Where is your boiler? Ours was under the bed behind the shower. We suffered from a slow leak somewhere too. After many attempts at finding it we discovered that the boiler tank had sprung a pinhole leak and that was what caused it. Hope that is not your problem because ours cost over £500 to sort out.

Does your water pump come on for a few seconds every few hours when you are not using water? If it does that is an indication that you probably have a leak somewhere in your water system

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
I have just been moving, in my 2007 Murvi Morello, my habitation water pump from inside the wardrobe (where it was VERY awkward to get too) to behind the rear doors and have been looking for some John Guest 12mm SUPERSEAL Inserts EVERYWHERE!
NO-ONE seems to have any (plenty of 15mm as there used in the building trade but NO 12mm) :(
When I spoke to John Guest, they told me that ALL they had were going to the European market NOT the UK! :madder:
Got mine on ebay

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back