Problems draining down for winter (1 Viewer)

Andrew K

Free Member
Oct 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 640
Exp
I’m a newbie
Can anyone advise please ? Have a Chausson Welcome 640 and trying to make sure the freshwater is completely empty.
Flipped the lever in the Technibox and got rid of a lot of water. Found a white tap under the van which we unscrewed but NO water came out !!!!
I have now been told I need to get the black cleaning cover off to release a bung ??????
CANT BUDGE THE BLACK COVER. So am I doing something wrong??
Any help would be appreciated please.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Shouldn’t need to take the bung out as long as you’ve opened all the taps inside and your drain off for the boiler (y)(y)(y)

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
The white tap under the van , has a turn knob that is really stiff, if the tap is blocked , you can remove tap easily, if it's like my 718xlb, mine is a white tap with this twist knob , to remove , push tap upwards with one hand , joined to the tap is a circular ring , whilst still pushing tap upwards use the other hand and pull what looks like a washer/ circular ring down the ring , whilst holding ring down pull tap down to put tap back on just push, don't hold ring down just push on, once up give a little pull down it should not come off and it selfseals , sounds complicated but it is not , as a thought you will see a ring on the bottom of the tap just as a test give it a little d you will see what you have to do on top of tap
Tony A

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Elliedewdney

Free Member
Nov 30, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 747Ga
Exp
Hi, I have a pump related question as well please!
For some reason when we turn the pump on the water goes straight through. If the pump isn’t on it holds water.
We emptied the tanks a few weeks ago and are now going away tomorrow so need to fill back up, have done, went to get the air out the system and it just keeps emptying. Not from the waste tank or clean tank but one underneath by the pump.
We have probably just turned some switch just not sure what!
We have a chausson 747GA 2018 if that helps!

We leave in the morning and could do with shower facilities this weekend!

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
I don't know the vehicle, but many have automatic drain valves linked to a temperature sensor. It dumps the water to avoid the boiler becoming damaged through frost. Ours is under the wardrobe, but our friend's is in the heater unit cupboard so have a look around for the pipe work. The valve will have wires linked to it and you should be able to re-set it. Also, check the manual dump valve if fitted. That should be in the same place or nearby. Hopefully it is just a matter of closing the valves.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
If it's similar to my Chausson718 , in the cupboard from the outside I mean , near the outside of the water tank their is a small lever about 2 inches long , this drains the Pump , if you can see it push lever over the other way , it's a over centre sort of tap ( you won't need much pressure to move it , the pipe from this tap is underneath near the tank drain

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
If it's similar to my Chausson718 , in the cupboard from the outside I mean , near the outside of the water tank their is a small lever about 2 inches long , this drains the Pump , if you can see it push lever over the other way ), it's a over centre sort of tap ( you won't need much pressure to move it , the pipe from this tap is underneath near the tank drain

Tony A

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back