EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Just for info. The cheapest place I know to get propane in France is the Super U chain of supermarkets, where BTW they only charge I think 5€ deposit on a 13kg bottle, and they give you back 100% when you return it.
Apart from the deposit, the price of a 13kg propane bottle is 21.95€ (or at least it was earlier this year). At 0.493 grams/litre that is 26.37 litres, for a price of 0.83€/litre. if you have for example a Gaslow, a fill at an independent filling station costs about 0.79 per litre, and on the autoroute it can cost 0.90 or more.
So a supermarket bottle exchange is slightly cheaper than a refill on the autoroute, and only pennies more expensive than the cheapest filling station fill-up.

I still like my Gaslow for giving me more options, especially when travelling in several countries, but it seems to me that the price advantage has been quite eroded by recent increases in the filling station price of LPG. I might be a bit less conscientious now about refilling my Gaslow before it runs out and I need to switch to the backup Super U bottle.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I did see a Facebook post where in the UK, an independent LPG supplier charged £1 a litre for filling bottles. That’s outrageous, but ironically still cheaper than Calor.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back