LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Reading up on t'internet it seems Powys welcomes motorhomes to stay over on some of their car parks.

Any funsters used these of late and any feedback ? We are off to a C&CC THS in N.Wales near LLandudno today and thought i may give these a try on the way up or coming back. Just do a 1 night stop and spent a bit on cash on food / beer in the towns. (y)

Mainly looking at Machynlleth and Dolgellau (not on list but understand there is one there).

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
We stayed for a night in one of the car parks in Brecon couple of weeks ago, the one by the river.
two other vans there, very peaceful night. Busy during the daytime, but after around 7pm, thinned out.
10 minute walk to the town along by the river.
Oh, and at the moment they are giving the first 2 hours free in the daytime. But free overnightšŸ‘
only allowed to stay one night in seven, so letā€™s hope people donā€™t abuse it!
would definately stay again.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Once stayed overnight in the carpark in the middle of Brecon. Overnighting is allowed but pay starts at. 8am. Some strange folks live in that area, we were followed by a scruffy white transit van purporting to be a fellow funster, said his name was Beacons. :rofl: :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
If you go to Machynlleth it is a good idea to visit the Top Shop Chippie, owned by my wife's nephew David and his family, which has won the Best Chippy award more than once.

LiquidLunch

Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Prestatyn
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Long time!
Stayed in the Powys carparks many times never had a problem anywhere. And always good when travelling through Wales that they are available.

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
If you Google Powys car parks and get to the councils page you will find a list of car parks.
The ones where you can stay 1 in 7 overnight are the 'mixed use parks'

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I do think the idea of motorhomes using car parks to over night is catching on kent now has three that i know of

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you Google Powys car parks and get to the councils page you will find a list of car parks.
The ones where you can stay 1 in 7 overnight are the 'mixed use parks'

Thanks.. already found that and saved.. (y)

I do think the idea of motorhomes using car parks to over night is catching on kent now has three that i know of

If it had not been for the covid we would be away to France or Germany now, at least they provide for motorhomes and i like to visit the small villages etc.. Kent is maybe the one place that could really benefit from motorhomes, look at all those vans going on and off the ferry / tunnel.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We stayed at the one in Welshpool a couple of times and would go back, the parking warden advised us to move to the truck area before we settled down for the night as it is flatter. We were there out of season and the warden said it was 1 night only but he wasn't taking numbers at that time of year.

Hay-on-Wye is okay but we found it difficult to find a level spot and it was quite noisy with people coming and doing until late and then traffic started up again very early in the morning.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Update...
Found the one in Welshpool as we passed. 1 van was there. Didn't stop as to early.
Arrived at Machynleth. 2 vans already parked.
Now in the pub and the chippy is next šŸ˜šŸ‘

Nov 7, 2020
Granada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Vision i677 SP
Exp
Since 2018
Stayed in one in Brecon, the Boathouse Car Park beside the river back in September. Free for overnight, about 6 vans there, I think 10 is the limit. Quite a pleasant place, very little noise with a kiddies park and riverside walkway adjacent to the carpark. Was a bit narrow on the final approach to it but the car park itself had plenty of room to maneuver. Easy walking distance into the town.

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back