Potential Price Hike - Lithium Batteries (1 Viewer)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Just this second there was an interesting article on the business section of RT's 'Boom Bust' telly programme which reflected the huge recent increase in the demand for Lithium as a commodity.

They briefly went onto say that the Chinese will need to factor in these changes within their cost structures for lithium so therefore I can only assume that the price of Lithium leisure batteries will increase shortly.........

......and that supply of such batteries will dwindle as demand rockets.

It's only a prediction!

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I can’t remember where I read it but I’m sure I read about a lithium mine opening in the U.K., south west I think. Maybe now we have a lot of use for lithium, they will be looking for the stuff all over the globe now🤔

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thread revival:

Morgan Stanley analysts have concluded today that the price of Lithium carbonate has increased so dramatically in recent times that EV battery manufacturers will need to inflate their product prices by up to 25% per battery unit.

In relation to EVs - this also means that the average cost of an EV may need to rise by up to 15% per vehicle depending on how the various automotive manufacturers can absorb the extra costs.

Costs are expected to rise further by the end of the year.

The cost of Lithium battery production has been declining on average by 3-7% year-on-year so the current inflatory problems will come as a shock to the EV and Lithium market.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back