portugal covid regs (2 Viewers)

pam

Free Member
Jan 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
majestic 115
Hi can someone advise on current border requirements. coming across on ferry from UK to Santander then driving to the Portugal land border. Not clear wether a pct or lateral flow test is required or not
Thanks

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can I bump this with a view to finding out the answer.
We are hoping to travel over the border in the next few days.
Thank you in advance.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Not a lot of help I know but we crossed over from Spain to Portugal last Friday on the A49 southern crossing and as you crossed the bridge all Motorhomes where being pulled over by the police into the big lay-by where you pay for tolls ,I presume they where checking for the required negative covid test but as we overtaking a lorry at the time we couldnā€™t get over šŸ˜ƒ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Not a lot of help I know but we crossed over from Spain to Portugal last Friday on the A49 southern crossing and as you crossed the bridge all Motorhomes where being pulled over by the police into the big lay-by where you pay for tolls ,I presume they where checking for the required negative covid test but as we overtaking a lorry at the time we couldnā€™t get over šŸ˜ƒ
That was ā€˜convenientā€™ šŸ¤£

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I believe it is a legal requirement for all non-Portuguese vehicles to stop and "register" for the tolls, even if you have no intention of using them. You can be fined if you are caught without the ticket the machine gives you, although to be fair never heard of that actually happening.

As regards Covid testing I have no idea but the situation seems to change daily, but seems an ideal opportunity for the police to check.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I believe it is a legal requirement for all non-Portuguese vehicles to stop and "register" for the tolls, even if you have no intention of using them. You can be fined if you are caught without the ticket the machine gives you, although to be fair never heard of that actually happening.

As regards Covid testing I have no idea but the situation seems to change daily, but seems an ideal opportunity for the police to check.
I believe i did not have to stop to register for the tolls as I have the toll tag . I have been coming here for 5 years now with no problems .

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I believe i did not have to stop to register for the tolls as I have the toll tag . I have been coming here for 5 years now with no problems .

Ah, you didn't mention that, in which case of course you're already registeredso no need to stop.

Post not aimed at anyone in particular, just info for other Funsters.

Deleted User
There is no requirement to register for the tolls at the border crossing, most crossing points don't have the machines anyway.
People have been caught out at a later date after using the electronic toll autoroutes and then not paying or registering when checks have been done at parking spots.
I made a trip into Spain from Tavira today, the inbound side to Portugal was completely cordoned off this morning and everyone funnelled into the toll registering area, don't know if all vehicles were checked or what for.
On our return journey after lunch there were no checks
On our last trip all traffic was stopped but not all checked, we were in our Portuguese registered car and waved through.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I can confirm if you cross the border at Badajoz there are NO checks at all. We crossed there Friday just gone and no one at the border, we just drove straight through šŸ‘

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back