May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Thumbs up for service.
Himself has just driven down to Polar Screens, got there are 08.30 (60 miles). Back home 12.15 with windscreen cover extended, it now fits the new MH, as Carthago has put in a deeper screen that the previous 2018 model E Line. He even got a cup of tea. He also filled up and got the MH weighed on his way home. The weight is worrying, we have been booked in at SAPs since July, as soon as the air suspension is on, it will be upgraded.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Well I hope the screen cover fits better than the one I ordered earlier this year from them.

I ordered the 'extended' version to fit a Ducato with Remis blinds. The internal material flaps for the Remis blinds are far too large meaning the side window panels aren't a tight fit and the extended section on the windscreen covers just flaps about in the lightest of breeze as there are no fixing points to attach the flap to anything.

I know others on highly rate Polar Screens but unfortunately based on what I've been supplied, I would go back to Silver Screens without hesitation.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I have had great service from polar screens, great product. (y)

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
Polar did ours while we waited, sat and had a cuppa in the sun 2hours later we were on our way, great service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Well I hope the screen cover fits better than the one I ordered earlier this year from them.

I ordered the 'extended' version to fit a Ducato with Remis blinds. The internal material flaps for the Remis blinds are far too large meaning the side window panels aren't a tight fit and the extended section on the windscreen covers just flaps about in the lightest of breeze as there are no fixing points to attach the flap to anything.

I know others on highly rate Polar Screens but unfortunately based on what I've been supplied, I would go back to Silver Screens without hesitation.
Oh god don't say that, I've just ordered one today!

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I get mine from Taylormade tomorrow, for the Carthago. I’m hoping they’re good👍👍

JnJ

Mar 15, 2019
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
We have a Polar screens Remis blind version and it fits no problem, if you pull the mirrors in it fits nice and snug.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
It must be an issue with the one I've been supplied as even with the mirrors pushed in as far as they can go, I've still got a lot of spare material on the inside flaps that slip over the Remis blinds and with the material being shiny it means the side window panels can't be pulled tight to the rear door edge as the excess material just slips through the door rubber seals.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
All variables of model year and Remis blind were discussed when the order was placed, looks like I might just have a Monday morning or Friday afternoon set of screen covers😭

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Well I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what mine are like when they arrive.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
I think the complication may be that there are different versions of the Remis side blinds. Some add thickness to the tops of the door, and some don’t.
I ordered the wrong one from Polar thinking I had Remis blinds. My mistake completely. My blinds pull up from the bottom and sit horizontally when folded not the type that go in to a pocket and sit vertically when not in use. Polar took them back altered them and paid for all postage. Great service!

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp

We have an Polar Screens extended version, also with Remis blinds, but it's Mercedes.
Fits like a glove.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Is there any R difference ( if that’s the Thermal
Measure!) between these makes?

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Photo of excess material on Remis blind flap. Based on comments from others on here will be contacting Polar Screens tomorrow.
IMG_20211028_163847784.jpg

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Update following phone call this morning with Polar Screens. They have agreed that there appears to be a problem with the material flaps for the Remis blinds and are arranging to send out a replacement screen cover and the defective one will be collected by the delivery Courier.

Credit where credit is due, for their customer service.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010

Take a tuck on the flap bit that goes over the Remis screens. Mark and stick/glue.
Mitch

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Take a tuck on the flap bit that goes over the Remis screens. Mark and stick/glue.
Mitch
I see what you are saying and that may well be fine, but given I've ordered some and am awaiting them currently, I'd be a bit annoyed at them being a "friday afternoon" quality personally.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Just put our Taylormade thermal screens on for first time, very impressed with quality and ease of putting them on although it’s easier with two people and some steps due to the size of it on the A Class.
DE52FA71-61EB-4C80-8F00-0C786CD04FEE.jpeg

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I bought a new Polar screen cover as I wanted the vents covered.
So I have an old “Silver Screens” screen cover for Minimum £’s if anyone is interested. ??
Autotrail on Fiat with remis blinds.
Best collected though.
Mitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back