Poilshed My Roof! (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Took me blooming ages (Burstner Elegance 821) even with a dual action polishing machine but it is sooo shiney now!
Went over it twice, once with a mild stage 3 cutting compound and then again with a finishing polish. Then went over the whole thing again with a wax spray. It made it very slippy to walk on too!
Well worth the effort.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm halfway through doing mine - all cleaned up and polish applied but it dried out in the hot sun and is a pain to buff up. May need to wash it off and start again! :crying1:. Ah well!

OP
OP
A
Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
ALL done now! Bonnet, roof, both sides and rear panel! All windows polished with proper plastic window stuff. It's VERY shiny now!
My arms hurt. :D
And my knees.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Done mine today. Was in a terrible state. Washed it, two rounds of “silky” cleaner then washed it, then two rounds with Carnuba wax. All by hand, and now I’m disappointed that you can’t even see it. Bit too sunny for it, and I’m feeling it.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Ooh, schoolboy error! :D2
Went up again this morning before it got too warm with a bucket of wash & wax and a microfibre cloth. Gave it a good rub over and its come up nice - needs another coat of polish but it was always going to anyway as it hasn't been done since Methuselah was a lad. Looks much better, especially the aircon hood which had gone a dirty green colour and I eventually attacked with a Brillo pad!

Have washed the rest down this morning but it's too warm at the moment to polish it (lesson learned!) so the towbar is next, to be cleaned off and painted - at least that's in the shade.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back