Pleased with my lot (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
We bought our first moho 2 years ago and I spent loads on time on the layout (even though a green horn ) . Have to admit I’m a little unfaithful and from time to time take a look at these quality brands - which do look lovely , don’t get me wrong , but the layout in a 7m seems so much more cramped than ours andddddd I hear many complaints on the forum from owners of those brands , other lesser continentals (like mine) and uk models.

not sure what my point is, lol but is appears that we’ve all invested heavily in the most flimsy of vehicles but some have fancier furniture . Would love to hear from owners of that “perfect” moho

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
I brought a van about 9mths ago and it was a ok price, well £42k for a 7000miles 2014 autotrail apache 700

I did a 3hr round trip just to see it rhen decided I would buy it so had to drive again a few weeks later to collect

During the hand over a few things came up that didn't work so he I had to trust him that he would order them for me and for them to get to me in a timely manner. One such part was the habitation fan switch and the spare wheel lock cover, yes they did all turn up and yes I was ble to fit them but truthful I haven't really stopped fixing things, such as taking the rear roof light out or making things work better for the last 9mths

What I really want to say is that I don't think everything will be perfect or that there will be a point when I don't have to fix something (cupboard door fell off today) but I love my van (fact) well I'd like a A class 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20210719_141859.jpg
    20210719_141859.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20210719-142758_Signal.jpg
    Screenshot_20210719-142758_Signal.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG-20210719-WA0013.jpeg
    IMG-20210719-WA0013.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20210719_184846.jpg
    20210719_184846.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
I brought a van about 9mths ago and it was a ok price, well £42k for a 7000miles 2014 autotrail apache 700

I did a 3hr round trip just to see it rhen decided I would buy it so had to drive again a few weeks later to collect

During the hand over a few things came up that didn't work so he I had to trust him that he would order them for me and for them to get to me in a timely manner. One such part was the habitation fan switch and the spare wheel lock cover, yes they did all turn up and yes I was ble to fit them but truthful I haven't really stopped fixing things, such as taking the rear roof light out or making things work better for the last 9mths

What I really want to say is that I don't think everything will be perfect or that there will be a point when I don't have to fix something (cupboard door fell off today) but I love my van (fact) well I'd like a A class 🤣
But that sense of satisfaction when you do repair stuff????

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
The perfect motorhome is the next one you're going to buy; or the one after that ... :LOL:

Steve
Ahem...........in my experience the perfect one seems to be one that the owner or the dealer is trying to sell to me. ;)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I don't know about perfect. But I bought my Rapido new in 2004.Not had any any big issues.We looked at changing a few time but couldn't find anything that suited us better than the one we have.Ok she's 17 years old now but still does everything we want.Apart from general costs I think we have had our money's worth from her. Booked in for new upholstery in November, So hopefully will last us another 17 year's 😁.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Lyn and I were very lucky and bought our first new motorhome in our Twenties, over the last thirty years we have had loads, and swapped between RV's and European

We have never had a "faultless" van, but we are philosophical about this, as we view it as a house, built to be light with more complicated electrics that we pick up and shake!

Many people that have 62 faults on a new van, actually have a handful, but become obsessed with everything and nit pick in our experience

Jun 2, 2018
Beautiful North Wales border
Funster No
MH
Carado T449
Exp
Since 2015
Having had a couple of amazing RV holidays Stateside 5 or 6 years ago, we bought our first van (a new carado T449) three years ago. Thought I was way too young for a moho then at 45 - so, am glad to see eddievanbitz was much younger than us when he got his first!

It's our pefect van, as we did loads of research into what we wanted and fortunately seem to have been right in restrospect. It ticks all our boxes, and provides great flexibility whether we are two up or the hulking 21 & 19yr old gene puddles join us.

Sure, we look occasionally at Carthago C-lines and the like - but it makes us feel guilty and dirty!

I love doing the tinkering and upgrades to make it even more perfect. It gives us ideas for what we will look for in our next van - but we've decided we will keep this one for a bit yet. We've just hit 3 years and MOTs start, so that was the typical decision point. Trade up or stick. We've stuck.

It's perfect enough that we've just given up work and move to extended trips 3 times a year from next month.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back