Pitch Invasion!! (1 Viewer)

AliM

Free Member
Feb 26, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Warning pet gripe to follow 🙄
We've just spent a lovely weekend away in the moho but what is it with folk thinking it's acceptable to cut across your pitch to get from a to b?! Our pitch was fenced at the back but there was, a tiny gap between it and the hedge - we saw three people on separate occasions cut right past our door in both directions!
Rant over 😉
IMG_20220403_103934.jpg

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I’ve told this story before, although it doesn’t normally bother me if someone cut the corner over our pitch one time in Annecy was to much. We hadn’t booked so got the only pitch available which happened to be a shortcut to the shower/loo block, once we’d pitched the MH and awning most folk walked the long way round apart from one family who actually moved our table to walk through.
I politely asked them several times and asked them not to touch my stuff, I think they deliberately tried to annoy me as the kids then proceeded to play football on the edge of our pitch. I decided actions would work louder than words, I picked up my chair carried to their pitch and sat beside them reading my book and placed my drink on their table. They asked me to leave, so I gave them the reply they gave me “you don’t own the pitch”. I think joining them for dinner was the last straw.😂😂
We had a peaceful few days after this😂😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AliM

Free Member
Feb 26, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
I’ve told this story before, although it doesn’t normally bother me if someone cut the corner over our pitch one time in Annecy was to much. We hadn’t booked so got the only pitch available which happened to be a shortcut to the shower/loo block, once we’d pitched the MH and awning most folk walked the long way round apart from one family who actually moved our table to walk through.
I politely asked them several times and asked them not to touch my stuff, I think they deliberately tried to annoy me as the kids then proceeded to play football on the edge of our pitch. I decided actions would work louder than words, I picked up my chair carried to their pitch and sat beside them reading my book and placed my drink on their table. They asked me to leave, so I gave them the reply they gave me “you don’t own the pitch”. I think joining them for dinner was the last straw.😂😂
We had a peaceful few days after this😂😂
Good on you! I honestly think cutting a corner OK, but moving tables or walking right past the door so close you could knock your leg on the step is just rude isn't it. 🤔

Upvote 0

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
We've just spent a lovely weekend away in the moho but what is it with folk thinking it's acceptable to cut across your pitch to get from a to b?! Our pitch was fenced at the back but there was, a tiny gap between it and the hedge - we saw three people on separate occasions cut right past our door in both directions!
Rant over 😉View attachment 602179
A two foot length of barbed wire would slow them down next time. Always keep some for such situations.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Friends came with us on euro holiday. Their first time caravanning. Big hedges between pitches, my mate unrolled his 25 metre cable and saw what he thought was the nearest plug in.( it wasnt) Brazenly and confidently walked between a motorhome and the dutch couple at their dining table then walked around the back of their motorhome to plug it in . Too funny, I’ve never seen people so speechless. I gave him some moetiquette tips after when we had stopped laughing!

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Just move those crocs back a metre ,?that’ll froghten em off

Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Lucern International site, we had a guy bring his two kids onto our pitch to play badminton!
All the bloody site and he brought them onto our pitch to play badminton. It wasn’t as if he saw the rackets or owt on our pitch as he brought all of his stuff with him.
The cheeky get even brought his own chair.
No amount of sarcasm made him realise his ignorant manners and only when his kid hit the shuttle onto the roof of our MH and I cheered did they F off.
I think some people are that way out and you’ve just got to take a deep breath.
Call after them next time and ask them to put back your gas cylinder. It’ll make them think twice about coming anywhere near again. 🤣

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
My mate and his missus are Naturists. Apparently, pampas grass and pink flamingos on certain items signify you are one of the clan.

Certain items positioned around your van May limit the footfall. Give it a go 😂

Upvote 0

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
My mate and his missus are Naturists. Apparently, pampas grass and pink flamingos on certain items signify you are one of the clan.

Certain items positioned around your van May limit the footfall. Give it a go 😂
I thought that was for ‘swingers’…….?o_O

(so a friend told me……;))

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Gutted... I thought this thread was taking us back to the 80's and fitbae hooligans. ⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Maybe if they're walking that close to the MH I might get mildly annoyed but on the scale of things it's hardly a major crime. Years ago when we were tuggers I had someone on an adjacent pitch who clearly thought the edge of his pitch was sacrasanct if anyone cut over the corner he was pretty vocal . Struck me as odd

Upvote 0
Apr 4, 2020
North west Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Where’s your windbreak

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back