Pilote Van conversion V630 (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Hi All

I'm considering a new Pilote V630M or V630J, it will be my first van other than the odd hire. We have pretty good idea of what we are looking for and to be honest we have not looked at Pilote mainly because they did not seem to do the layout we desired, but they do to now.

So what is the build quality like, we had been considering Globalcar, is it on the par?

They also do the Standard and Premium versions, I think the Premium version are around 6 -7k more is it worth it?

Is there anything I should be aware off or ask the dealer?

Thank

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I can't help with the specific models, but personally I see Pilote as a premium French brand, much in the same vein as Rapido.

I would expect the build quality to be OK. But again, don't have the knowledge to comment on the value of having the premium version over standard? :unsure:

Hopefully somebody with a Pilote will be along in due course and can offer more help and advice. (y)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
w2f Hi, we are on our 4th motorhome since 2007 and the last two have been panel van conversions, the last being a 2012 Rapido van V53 loved it, only changed because we moved to Spain and wanted LHD so now have a Pilote v600g they are both 6 meter vans with transverse bed, the build quality are similar but the Pilote has things we prefer, like pull out draws instead of cupboards, high fridge is easier to see what's in there, 😁 the shower is the best we have had in all our motorhomes, it's large with the slide out the way sink, and it doesn't matter how you park it drains it's a raised shower base with what could be described as a moat round it. 😁

The waste tank will empty in seconds, they both held 100lt fresh water, both had room for 2 large gas bottles, and both had 2 x leisure batteries, and we fitted 2 x 100w solar panels on both Van's. 👍
Having fixed beds gives a good amount of storage. 😎
Good luck on your decision. 🙂 Bob and Janie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GaryMo
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
w2f Hi, we are on our 4th motorhome since 2007 and the last two have been panel van conversions, the last being a 2012 Rapido van V53 loved it, only changed because we moved to Spain and wanted LHD so now have a Pilote v600g they are both 6 meter vans with transverse bed, the build quality are similar but the Pilote has things we prefer, like pull out draws instead of cupboards, high fridge is easier to see what's in there, 😁 the shower is the best we have had in all our motorhomes, it's large with the slide out the way sink, and it doesn't matter how you park it drains it's a raised shower base with what could be described as a moat round it. 😁

The waste tank will empty in seconds, they both held 100lt fresh water, both had room for 2 large gas bottles, and both had 2 x leisure batteries, and we fitted 2 x 100w solar panels on both Van's. 👍
Having fixed beds gives a good amount of storage. 😎
Good luck on your decision. 🙂 Bob and Janie.
Thanks for the reply. That's very useful information.

The shower is good news, I'm a large guy.

It's a hard time to buy, normally I like to take my time have a good look at the item I want to buy, weigh up the options... But now people are buying off paper and if you dither it's gone.

Jul 22, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks for the reply. That's very useful information.

The shower is good news, I'm a large guy.

It's a hard time to buy, normally I like to take my time have a good look at the item I want to buy, weigh up the options... But now people are buying off paper and if you dither it's gone.
I'm using a Pilote van 630 Foxy which I bought new 4 years ago and am well pleased with it. I had numerous large motorhomes over the years and decided to go to something smaller for better access to places I prefer to visit. I look at Globecar and almost bought one but the shower door did look quite fragile. My van is the twin bed version, with a large fridge and so far everything look and work as they should after travelling through few countries since I bought it which is quite surprising after previous experiences with other makes. The only thing I don't like is the washbasin in the shower which is not designed to hold water. Not good for shaving!

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
On my second Pilote , the first was very reliable hence the reason I opted to buy a the same brand again

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Bought out first Pilote in 2019, our 8th motorhome, we find the build quality very good and solid, certainly as good as our previous Geist.

I would have no hesitation in buying Pilote again.

You will always have "snags" with a new van, but we had no problems at all with ours.

OP
OP
GaryMo
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
I've just been looking at the difference in prices form the UK and Europe, It seems the UK is £10,000 to £15000 more expensive, it will mean have LHD but in the longer term the majority of driving will be around europe. Perhaps a trip to France will be needed.;)

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Hello GaryMo , are you still looking to buy a Pilote campervan? Here are two videos from two owners. Some serious issues with wetroom leaks, rust on a 2022 model and other items. Put English subtitles as videos are in French.
PS. Bavaria is the same as Pilote.

OP
OP
GaryMo
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Thanks for the video, I've gone a purchased a Malibu instead, I hope to get it next couple of weeks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back