Pet travel to Europe after Brexit - no deal/big deal (1 Viewer)

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
That's about as clear as mud isn't it?

It talks about entering Europe with a pet via a 'Traveller's Point of Entry' but gives no information as to where or what that is...

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Travellers' points of entry

Dogs, cats and ferrets moved for non-commercial purposes into an EU country from a territory or a third country other than Andorra, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Greenland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, and Vatican City State can enter through the following travellers' points designated by the EU countries where they are subjected to documentary and identity checks by the competent authorities:

As follows......

https://ec.europa.eu/food/animals/pet-movement/eu-legislation/non-commercial-non-eu/tpe_en

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp

Dogs, cats and ferrets moved for non-commercial purposes into an EU country from a territory or a third country other than Andorra, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Greenland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, and Vatican City State can enter through the following travellers' points designated by the EU countries where they are subjected to documentary and identity checks by the competent authorities:

As follows......

https://ec.europa.eu/food/animals/pet-movement/eu-legislation/non-commercial-non-eu/tpe_en

Pete
Did you click on the link you posted?
It explains nothing about where or what you should be looking for.

There isn't a pet reception area on the entrance to France, at least not via the tunnel, unless they've built something since October.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Did you click on the link you posted?

Yes I have !

It explains nothing about where or what you should be looking for.

There isn't a pet reception area on the entrance to France, at least not via the tunnel, unless they've built something since October.

Looking at the French pdf they give a detailed list of crossing points, including under the title "Land borders" Cheriton/Coquelles (Cheriton being the location of the English terminal of the Channel Tunnel).

Pete

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Yes I have !
Looking at the French pdf they give a detailed list of crossing points, including under the title "Land borders" Cheriton/Coquelles (Cheriton being the location of the English terminal of the Channel Tunnel).

Pete

For some reason the PDF that was there when you posted in Feb stating
Cheriton/Coquelles isn't there anymore,certainly not on my ipad !

Anyway I'm sure they'll let us know!

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I can remember reading it in Feb from the link but now the PDF links disappeared, ******* French :LOL:

image.png

If you click on France you get some bo***cks from 2017!

image.png

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Try scrolling through the pdf down to page C120/17

Pete

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
(y) sure it was easier to find last time and mentioned pets,unless that was somewhere else,there have been a few threads on the subject :D

OP
OP
pandas
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
From the Gov web site: 'To make sure your pet is able to travel from the UK to the EU after EU Exit in any scenario, you should contact your vet at least 4 months before travelling to get the latest advice.'

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
QUOTE="Tykatem, post: 3284541, member: 42019"]Try scrolling through the pdf down to page C120/17

Pete[/QUOTE]

I must be thick then, I can't see anything about Pet Reception Areas.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
QUOTE="Tykatem, post: 3284541, member: 42019"]Try scrolling through the pdf down to page C120/17

Pete

I must be thick then, I can't see anything about Pet Reception Areas.[/QUOTE]

To quote the EU.....

Travellers' point of entry - the pet animal (dog, cat or ferret) must pass through a travellers' point of entry designated by Member States (see below). The owner must, at the time of entry, contact the competent authority present at the point of entry for the purposes of the documentary and identity checks.
https://ec.europa.eu/food/animals/pet-movement/eu-legislation/non-commercial-non-eu_en

The pdf's for the individual countries just list the border crossing points! As it says above:- Travellers' point of entry - the pet animal (dog, cat or ferret) must pass through a travellers' point of entry designated by Member States. The owner must, at the time of entry, contact the competent authority present at the point of entry for the purposes of the documentary and identity checks.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back