Peruzzo Pure Instinct 2 Bike Tow Ball Bike Carrier, anybody got one? (1 Viewer)

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Anyone fitted one of these to a Ducato PVC ? Just trying to work out if the tilt allows the back doors to open with the bikes on. Well priced at £269 .
C7E44A10-48CE-41BE-8A2E-82F7A663D5FC.png

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I almost guarantee that no tilting rack will fit and clear the doors. The only one like that which would is an Altera Strada DL3 which slides as opposed to tilts but then to fully open our doors I have to use the 2nd & 3rd bike spaces, have a 1/2” spacer and use the bottom holes for the tow ball.

Have a look on my thread HERE

There was one for sale on here a few weeks ago at £250 which was a bargain, £404 new from Roof Box

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobbydaisy

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
I almost guarantee that no tilting rack will fit and clear the doors. The only one like that which would is an Altera Strada DL3 which slides as opposed to tilts but then to fully open our doors I have to use the 2nd & 3rd bike spaces, have a 1/2” spacer and use the bottom holes for the tow ball.

Have a look on my thread HERE

There was one for sale on here a few weeks ago at £250 which was a bargain, £404 new from Roof Box
Thanks for the reply , I had saved a link to the Atera when I read your review for your Adria Twin ( I owned one myself ) , your photo showed the clearance you had which is great but the cost on top of the cost of the towbar I have just fitted was restrictive hence looking for a cheaper option. Might have to bite the bullet or keep my eye on the for sale section.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobbydaisy

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
No, you’ll have to take it off to open the doors.
Ah , that’s what I thought, many thanks for confirmation. Might have to buy the Atera rack or go for the swing out attachment but again that is expensive option. Or just lift it off when I need to 😉.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
As an FYI the tilting cycle carriers only work when loaded with bikes on estate cars with sloping rear ends.

They do not work with vans or estate cars (such as the Volvo or Berlingo) which have vertical rear ends.
That said, you can usually open the doors with the rack in place, tilted, as long as no bikes are on it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobbydaisy

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
As an aside comment from a popular thread recently….looks like I will be whoosh banging the side door a lot more 😲

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back