Rally Pembrey country Park vintage steam rally weekend Thurs 27th Sept to Mon 1st Oct (1 Viewer)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Wonderful night in the marquee - we won Play Your Cards Right - twice - let’s just say we know Swansea Jack’s Likkle Games..... the buffet was past excellent - the karaoke was past brilliant - Stuart’s kit is amazing - all self funded - hope our PYCR winnings helped a little way towards the Marquee/gas fund ... I think we will buy a little house in Burryport - I like this welsh life - although I think the water is too pure - it upsets my Bristol silt/chlorine/shite laden water - I haven’t felt right all weekend ..... but in true Bristolian style I’ve ‘kept calm and carried on’...’

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Wow the Jacob's table tonight is amazing .a big thank you to all the funsters at pembrey should be really proud
I only took a few pics and didn't get all of the food tables on the pics
IMG_20180929_192155.jpg
IMG_20180929_192159.jpg
Stuart . Hoping someone managed to get better pics

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Well just got home after a fantastic weekend with some very special funsters ,your all amazing guys and girls ,also I would like to thank gerri for her hard work to entertain us last night ,you are very special Hun and we love you loads ,thank you very much ,also thanks to the bristol bombers for there donation towards running costs ,but a very special thanks to Kate ,bill ,ray Kaye, Julia jen and Tracy ,and of course my wife kathy ,hope you all enjoyed your Sunday lunch ,until next time ,

Last edited:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Wonderful night in the marquee - we won Play Your Cards Right - twice - let’s just say we know Swansea Jack’s Likkle Games..... the buffet was past excellent - the karaoke was past brilliant - Stuart’s kit is amazing - all self funded - hope our PYCR winnings helped a little way towards the Marquee/gas fund ... I think we will buy a little house in Burryport - I like this welsh life - although I think the water is too pure - it upsets my Bristol silt/chlorine/shite laden water - I haven’t felt right all weekend ..... but in true Bristolian style I’ve ‘kept calm and carried on’...’
Sorry for your illness cliff .but I only seen you drinking alcohol lol if you fetched that over the bridge it will go off .you need proper amber necture ha ha

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Stuart - Cliff was fine (and he never posts on the forum - not sure he even knows there IS a forum ..,. ;)) it was me who didn’t feel 100% - I’m sure it was the beautiful pure Welsh water - back to Bristol sludge soon, so I shall be back to full chlorine/silt filled normal!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Back home - we got through border control no problem... ;)

We had a brilliant weekend. Thanks all for your company, Phil for the buttered chicken and John @Chocy boy for the chocolates!

Biggest thanks to Stu and Ray for the marquee and gas heaters - it really makes a difference when everyone can meet up for the evening. The Karaoke equipment and speakers worked brilliantly - making us all sound good - although the Chinese Lady and Jinxia @Red Dragon didn't need anything to make them sound good.... What a treat that was! :clap2:

Thanks to the girls for Pimms, Prosecco and anything else alcoholic.

And to think - we do it all again in just over three weeks time - DILLY DILLY!! (y)

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thankyou for such a brilliant rally. Amanda and ourselves had a fantastic time.

A massive THANKYOU to Ray & Julia, Stuart & Kathy for ordering the sunshine for us and for ALL their hard work.

Ray you are one very special person you never stop you are so so dedicated to make sure everyone has Fun. You kept us all sheltered, warm and when the sun went down you provided lights so the fun could continue .

big THANKYOU to Stuart & Geraldine for the entertainment and all Funsters karaoke stars, wow didn't we have Fun.

Thankyou all the Funster ladies who joined us for carva and pimms afternoons nothing was planned but the sun was shining and it was good to chill and relax with great company.

Thanks to Jen for play your cards right, Tracey for Raffle and Kaye for the Quiz.

What about that Jacobs table wow a feast was had . Also John @Chocy boy for the constant supply of chocolates.

Thanks Funsters for making Pembrey 2018 rally one to remember.
Kate Bill & Amanda xxx

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Well what a weekend, wonderful weather, great company and a couple of brilliant organisers in Ray and Stuart. Having a marquee really was the icing on the cake for the evenings. The effort put into the weekend by Ray and Stuart was outstanding, from heating the marquee to the taxi service to the pub for Sunday lunch and lots in between. Wall to wall sunshine and Swansea winning made a perfect weekend for Ray. Must also thank John (Chocy Boy) for the sweeties, Kate, Jenny and Tracy for the Pimms afternoon and Geraldine for the songs, especially for "No oven no Pies" surely a future Funster hit for rallies in Yorkshire.
Pauline and Mike

Sep 17, 2014
swansea
Funster No
MH
a class rv
Exp
stuart at pembrey.jpg

Stuart looks like he in the electric chair, funny to watch him with the drone goggles on he thought he was going to fall off the chair!

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Good weather, people,.food, and fun. What a fantastic weekend. A big thank you to Ray, Swansea Jack for the heating and lighting, Stuart, Bill, Julia,Kate also for their contribution in making this meet so successful. Geraldine for her star performance. The karaoke singers for there input to make this meet so much fun.
Jackie and myself really enjoyed ourselfs.
The only sad thing is that we have to wait three weeks for it to happen again.:D:D:D
Till then, DILLY DILLY all.

Last edited:

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Thank you so much to everyone involved in putting the Pembury Rally together and for the warm welcome we got.
It was our first rally there and it was a terrific venue. We and Nelson had a terrific time and got to know some lovely new (to us) people and dogs.

The weather was perfect and the marquee and heating fabulous. The entertainment was great too. Loved No oven no pies :D2 (@cliffandger)
We would definitely go again(y)

Catherine, John and Nelson x

Sep 17, 2014
swansea
Funster No
MH
a class rv
Exp
@Ambilkate got a few pictures from the drone :)
Kaye x

Attachments

• DJI_0023.JPG
    DJI_0023.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 34
  • DJI_0024.JPG
    DJI_0024.JPG
    364.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DJI_0025.JPG
    DJI_0025.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DJI_0026.JPG
    DJI_0026.JPG
    210.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DJI_0027.JPG
    DJI_0027.JPG
    328.5 KB · Views: 33

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
There was a cross dresser called Swansea Jack,
Who liked to wear bra and panties all in black,
with fishnet stockings, and a big black hat,
What is he doing? Silly ......Welsh boyo dilly dilly:eek::rolleyes:

Apr 19, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Holdsworth
Exp
Since 2016
Yes, I'm not having a good night, just paid twice for something I can't go to. Happy Days

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back